USPS help

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How do I get someone on the phone to talk to about a missing package?
The automatic voice messaging is of no help to me even after I filed a case.
Somebody must know the secret trick.

tldr: email them and wait for a call for back, keep the claim #, repeat as necessary. The email link is on this page https://www.usps.com/help/contact-us.htm

I had a cutting board mailed to my old apartment two months ago, which I caught right after the shipper sent it. I called USPS at their customer care ctr, 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777), waited around for a half hour, and eventually spoke to someone. They were nice, seemed competent, and gave me a claim #. However, they contacted the wrong distribution center to coordinate the redelivery with (whom actually called me, were nice and coherent), and so I had to call my old local center... which was a nightmare. One time they picked the phone up and left it on the table and I heard them bullshitting for 20 min. I had the best luck getting them to do things by emailing, but you have to wait a couple days for HQ to coordinate and get **** done.

I found the local # here: https://www.postallocations.com

Good luck.

The secret trick is send it UPS.

Hope this isn't the long awaited TF.
How do you know it's missing? Showing delivered on the tracking page? In cases like this as already mentioned contact the Post master at your local PO. They can speak to the Mail Person who delivered it and can try to retrieve the package. Sooner you do this the better.

Well unfortunately I can answer your question. I've spent 4 days with USPS because they really f'd up my mail and even sent my dalman back to sender.

You can email and should get a response but the only thing that led to my resolution (hopefully) was calling the 800 number and having them call me back hours later and then have that person put in a request and escalate the problem. I got an email response from a local rep for complaints and Inq with an actual direct phone number. I called left a message, responded to her email, and then called again today and she contacts and deals directly with my post office manager.

Hope this isn't the long awaited TF.
How do you know it's missing? Showing delivered on the tracking page? In cases like this as already mentioned contact the Post master at your local PO. They can speak to the Mail Person who delivered it and can try to retrieve the package. Sooner you do this the better.
No. I sent Brian Weekly a knife a very long time ago. TF Mab should be here...soon?

The worse experience ever with USPS. Missing package alwaus show statue of processing in sort facility. after contact them etc. just can' find the parcel back. end up did the refund. that was terriable feeling after 2 month waiting for the parcel.

I would try and get a call back some how. It seems they made it even harder to figure out how to get a call back even recently when I called about a package that disappeared. I always try and go any avenue I can.. local.. call back.. email.. etc. USPS is literally the absolute worst. I dropped off 5 packages at a huge post office the other week. Four of them were delivered. The fifth never even had a first scan. It just disappeared. Woman I spoke to at the post office refused to admit it was their fault because they never scanned it the first time. Wouldn’t even actually look in the back for the package.

Back