Venev 100/240 & 400/800

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M1k3

Pepperidge Farm's remembers what Matus wrote
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in trying out some resin bonded diamond stones?

I have the Dragon 100/240 and Phoenix 400/800 stone. I will include everything to keep the stones in working order.

I'm willing to open the pass around worldwide, it would just take someone willing to pay any import taxes/fees if there is any, since insurance needs to be used (because **** happens sometimes).

If interested, post your location.

Last edited:
I would also be interested in trying them please and thanks

Edit: Located in Maryland @M1k3

Last edited:
Yes very interested. Between my boys and I we have s90v, 20cv, Magnacut, s30v. Minnesota, Twin Cities. The Phoenix 400/800 stone should be good to refine the factory bevel a little and finish up the edge....I think.

Last edited:
I'm curious to see if I can tell any fine-edge retention improvement with diamonds on the hard carbide PM steels over my current regular water stones. Not sure how I would even tell unless I had some cardboard and used paper towels, receipts, envelopes to check. Those 3 types of material seem to bet the most challenging, though I have no idea why envelops tend to snag and stuff more than just regular paper. Maybe because it's a couple loose layers?

Can you please post a picture of those stones? I'm interested in seeing the markings on the stone.
PXL_20231005_042601892.MP.jpg
PXL_20231005_042546666.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20231005_053520458.jpg
    PXL_20231005_053520458.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Thanks! Markings are a bit different on mine. All Venev stones I've seen here list size of abrasive in microns and diamond concentration. Yours seem to have FEPA markings.(I wish mine have FEPA markings as well, as micron sizes feels alien to me)
The micron sizes are there. Just faint.

Is that a range of microns - I don't understand the "/" ?

Did I get this right?

Dragon 100/240 100/80 microns on one side, 50/40 microns on the other side.
Phoenix 400/800 7/5 microns one side 3/2 microns on the other side.

Is that a range of microns - I don't understand the "/" ?

Did I get this right?

Dragon 100/240 100/80 microns on one side, 50/40 microns on the other side.
Phoenix 400/800 7/5 microns one side 3/2 microns on the other side.
What's on the side of my stones (hard to photograph)

Dragon F100 160/125 micron
Dragon F240 50/40 micron

Phoenix F400 20/14 micron
Phoenix F800 7/5 micron

I'm pretty sure the microns is a range.

On the Gritomatic Venev product page, it says the "All Venev diamonds use FEPA-F grit classification."
The Gritomatic Abrasives Chart (below) lists the abrasive in microns on the left margin, with the corresponding FEPA-F values listed in a column in the middle section of the chart. For familiarity, one could also cross-reference the Shapton column vs. FEPA-F values.

https://www.gritomatic.com/pages/grit-chart
I did not read the notes closely to see if micron ranges were for specific grits or stones.

Last edited:
Currently at 12 people, with a possible 13th that's British.

Which, depending on timing, might be able to swing these being at the Meetup in London? And maybe someone in the EU could swing going to it, then starting a European leg of the pass around? Hopefully bypassing taxes/fees AND shipping cost for that person?

That said, I'm going to close signups for the U.S. at Sunday night Pacific time.

I'm in UK, interested in it as well. I'm also gonna be at the London meetup. Gonna be in Rome next weekend and also traveling to Berlin in December.

Back