Video games

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i get slightly nostalgic when i see a Vectrex on Ebay. not that i would want another one....

450px-vectrexrg20101.jpg

Was into Xbox 360 and COD pretty hardcore. It got stale, so now I'm a PS4-Battlefield guy.

demon soul waiting for dark souls 2 to come out this year

i have a beta key for the elder scrolls online game that is coming out soon. its a limited beta for only friday through sunday. if anyone didnt recieve one and is interested lemme know ill give you mine. my toaster can barely run the game lol!

FNG Idiotking

FNG for life!

Old G'r, We ruled Ghost Recon back in the day.

In the nineties I was huge in gaming. I had the NeoGeo, Turbographics, Saturn and Dreamcast, Atari Jaguar, N64 and SNES, 3DO, to name a few...

I could finish every Mario, start to finish on one life; as well as Sonic.

I was a huge advocate of Saturn over PS.

I also thought Dreamcast brought huge innovations to gaming; if it wasn't for the fact that you could get the entire game inventory ripped for the price of one game, it would have been a winner. Sega really did rule! Best sports titles, best fighting games, best racing games.

I love Sony for just about everything else, but screw PS!!!

i have a beta key for the elder scrolls online game that is coming out soon. its a limited beta for only friday through sunday. if anyone didnt recieve one and is interested lemme know ill give you mine. my toaster can barely run the game lol!

Oh man...

I would love that beta key, been waiting for one with no luck.

Anyone remember the Jaguar? It was short lived but holy hell it was beyond its time.

I got one when they first came out, I remember mowing lawns for ever to buy that thing and only about 12 games were ever put out for it but man it was amazing for its time.

Can anyone recommend where I can learn about building a computer? I've been itching to get back into PC gaming and haven't built one in about 11 years so I am extremely rusty when it comes to the current components and their compatibility. I'm looking to build a really nice gaming computer for around $1300. Also, if anyone here would share what they would spent $1300 on when it comes to components that would work as well.

I built mine last year so all my components are pretty much obsolete. I usually just go to the forums, overclock.net, to look up the latest infos when building a new one.

Blacklight retribution is a solid, ftp fast paced shooter, and borderlands 2 is always a good time. Both are steam games, which helps with community hackers and such (not that it matters for BL2 since its either co-op or solo, no deathmatch kind of stuff). Wanting to get in a to a good RPG again, been a while

I built mine last year so all my components are pretty much obsolete. I usually just go to the forums, overclock.net, to look up the latest infos when building a new one.

Just started pricing one, up to $2500 and haven't even finished!!! :surrendar:

Just started pricing one, up to $2500 and haven't even finished!!! :surrendar:

Damn... Wish I could have spent that much haha.

I spent ~2k 2 years ago. I can still run pretty much any game on max with no issues.

Yeah, I am definitely going to have to scale things down a bit if I want to buy one. I've got a drill press to pay for first.

Yeah, I am definitely going to have to scale things down a bit if I want to buy one. I've got a drill press to pay for first.

Ya you don't need to spend more than 2k to future proof your computer for a few years.

The #1 thing I want the computer to do is run Day Z Standalone on max settings smoothly.

The #1 thing I want the computer to do is run Day Z Standalone on max settings smoothly.

Well the recommended system requirements aren't that high, you could easily spend less than 2 grand and run it on max. Do you need to buy a monitor? Case?

no need to spend that much. just make sure you have an SSD and that will be your best performance increase. I am in to mine for about a grand (and thats inflated canadian pricing) and I can run anything (admittedly I haven't played BF4 yet so that's more demanding).

I love SSD's tho, from hitting power to online browsing in 22 seconds :)

I'm running bf4 on a sub 1k comp (gtx 660, i5-3570k, 8gb ram) and i get above 60 fps on a mix of high and ultra. haha for 2.5k, I'd SLI two gtx 780 ti's. That would leave ~ substantial 1.1k for the rest of the build

Wow for 1.5k you can make a great rig. I recommend Maximum pc. They do benchmarking on a unbiased bases. I also think they do a high priced rig/and a budget rig build for the year.

I like amd myself, cheaper with about the same computing speed, well nothing you would notice anyway. +1 to a ssd drive its pretty much changed a lot of how things are done anymore.

Here is my recent build and it plays everything I push its way... EVERYTHING so far

1383870_10152021731490572_977221148_n.jpg

1385803_10152021980020572_1812926853_n.jpg

2 x ($409.99) EVGA GeForce GTX 770 DUAL SuperClocked 4GB 256-bit

1 x ($329.99) Intel Core i7-4820K Ivy Bridge-E 3.7GHz (Turbo 3.9

1 x ($319.99) ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s

4 x ($43.99) G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) (8 x 16GB)

1 x ($219.99) SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB SATA

1 x ($149.99) CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2

1 x ($89.99) Western Digital WD AV-GP WD10EURX 1TB IntelliPower - OEM

1 x ($64.99) CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 (CW-9060007-WW) Water Coo

1 x ($34.99) Silicon Power Ultima II-I Series 64GB USB 2.0 Flas

1 x ($19.99) ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X - OEM

1 x ($4.49) BYTECC Bracket-35225 2.5 Inch HDD/SSD Mounting Kit

Whole build in the $1800 area give or take

good old day of video games, i remember play alot of mmorpg and at the end just notice what a waste of time, they are so addictive

Back