Von blewitts Knives & gear

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The current lineup
A52CAED3-81E3-43BD-9268-226344D3DB82_zpsphygk7sj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Left to right
Ashi Ginga
Martell
Devin Thomas
Shigefusa
Marko Tsourkan
Catchside
Mizuno Honyaki
Konosuke Honyaki
Mizuno
Misono Swedish

Do I need to book a ticket to see the rest?

Oh .. I have already book for a meal in three weeks. Seeing these knives would be either a great appetiser or a great desert :hungry:

Very nice. All pretty much the same size. ~240?

Amazing collection :). Which one do you prefer and why, if there is a specific reason.

And that's only the knives he still has, Huw you need to do a knives I used to have but have sold blog!

Mate. The above are only the tip of the iceberg. I hope Chanop is smarter than I am and takes a few photos.

Love the Yo-Shig, might have to get one of those one of these days!!

Very very nice!

Ok, you don't have a favourite. Which one do you use the most. (We want to know anyway :D .)

What a great thing to see all these gyutos lined up like this. I really love the side by side comparison of lengths and profiles seen. Thanks for sharing this Huw.

Aahh, you've seen one, you've seen them all.... Just kidding, of course, it's the envy making me do it ;) I agree, great selection and great to see them next to each other just to compare profiles. Almost sticky-worthy just for that.

Stefan

For me, having met you and eaten at your restaurant Zanzibar, what's even more wonderful about your knives Huw is that they're not just a beautiful collection. Far from bling it's great what you do with them in your food prep and chef wizardry!

As some others have mentioned I too would love to hear a bit of your personal appraisal on which ones do what best.

That catchside looks great! Can you tell me about edge retention, steel etc

What would you compare it to?

Yoshiaki fujiwara "Workhorse" 240mm Gyuto
I picked this up 4th hand, it needed quite a bit of thinning. Luckily we've had some late finishing Christmas parties the last couple of weeks, which gave me plenty of spare time in the kitchen.
DFB2B68E-75E9-4175-AE8C-ABBE20BFF900_zpse727m89o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
F4BCFDBC-D593-4AA0-9ECA-BF1173EC2358_zpssv1jk4zh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
4C29B760-649F-4339-A0F8-F008D6627763_zpszrxjtfyy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
C8FA4B71-73CD-404F-AAB3-C66DB1AE0148_zps4jftmpoj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back