• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Watanabe 240 Gyuto iron clad; Konosuke Ginsan 270 gyuto wide bevel

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucabrasi

Reaction score
First up is a Watanabe 240 gyuto kasumi iron clad. This one is well used, has been thinned. 242mm on the edge, looks like a hair less than 54mm tall. 242 grams. My absolute favorite cutter, best knife I have. I am selling because I am going to roll the dice on a stainless clad one.

Asking $270 shipped in the continental US.
IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

Next is a Konosuke Ginsan 270mm Gyuto, old style wide bevel with a custom handle by Tim Johnson (taz). Handle is blond buffalo horn and wenge. 257mm on the edge, 50-51mm tall, 203 grams. It’s been used, and I did thin it once but the wide bevel is maintained. Beautiful, incredibly thin, awesome knife.

Asking $550 shipped in the continental US.

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

@lucabrasi you should get a stainless clad one first before you sell your iron clad Watanabe. The stainless clad ones seem to run ~30g lighter than iron clad, so it might not feel the same if you love your current knife so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back