• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Watanabe mizu-Honyaki 240mm Gyuto and 270mm Sujihiki (mirror polish/etch)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Watanabe mizu-Honyaki 240mm Gyuto and 270mm Sujihiki (mirror polish/etch)
I don't really want to sell these but don't use them. It was reading the review on zknives of the watanabe honyaki many years ago helped me stumble upon KKF and custom handles
http://www.zknives.com/knives/kitchen/ktknv/watanabe/watanabehkgy270.shtml

I potentially have a custom/collab knife coming up and need to free the funds if it's gonna happen. These are in like near condition and have only been used a few times.

Friction fit sayas are from watanabe. Custom ebony and nickel-silver with horn handles from Knives and Stones add at least $100 to the value.
http://www.knivesandstones.com/ebon...r-270mm-yanagiba-sujihiki-octognal-wa-handle/

I polished the grind marks out of the choils. I also had Jon Broida at JKI in LA etch the hamon and sharpen them for a left handed preference, but can't say I notice a significant difference in looking at the choil shot or between my other knives without it (such as Kato workhorse). That said, I am pricing them keeping in mind a person may want to change that.

These would be at least $1000USD new each, but I will sell both for $1600USD. Prices include the PayPal fees and shipping/insurance to most places worldwide.

I'd prefer to sell both of them together, but feel free to ask if you are only interested in one of them. I also have some other knives that will be going on BST shortly (Misono dragon lefty gyuto, watanabe lefty yanagi, TF maboroshi gyuto; Takeda AS Honesuki & Mioroshi already online) so feel free to ask about them and "volume discounts" lol.

If interested send me a PM and we can go from there, thanks.

Tanner

Here's are pictures, I'll try to get some of the individual knives later
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1526703968.485512.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1526704786.449375.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1526703981.860251.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1526704059.552425.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1526704125.538867.jpg

Here is the quote (from prior to the watanabe price increase)
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1526704840.214330.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1526704965.270201.jpg

dam sweet knives and sweet deal T!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back