weird late nite snacks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every night at the end of the shift-after we clock out, it's snack-attack!

I've been working on "The Eggs Benedict Burger"
I usually do Canadian Bacon, Swiss, Take leftover Hollandaise and thicken the crap out of it with more clarified butter. Then I take a couple of the leftover sous-vide (shell-on) eggs(cooked to 140F) I'll sear these on the flat top until the yolk set enough to not be so runny. I usually have to put something spicy like Jalapenos or sriracha too.

I'm definitely at an advantage at the hotel because we have LITERALLY EVERYTHING!
It's cool until someone orders an egg-white omelet and kids chocolate-chip pancakes (for room service) during the rush in the dining room on a Saturday nite. It's fun to scramble and try to grab all that mise.

Those of us making midnight snacks at home can't compete. lol

Yeah, I can't run with a lot of you on this one. All I know is that if you mix sriracha, Japanese mayo, and a squeeze of lemon or lime you can dip almost anything in that and it will be great as a snack.

I also had a special pizza recipe that I used to do really late after a night of drinking. You have to follow the recipe exactly or it won't be the same.

(1) Take out frozen pizza.
(2) Heat oven to temp called for on box.
(3) Put pizza in oven and set timer.
(4) Bake pizza until you wake up the next morning.
(5) Take tiny black disk out of the oven and toss, and enjoy the smell of burnt pizza in your house for the next four weeks.

k.

I'm definitely at an advantage at the hotel because we have LITERALLY EVERYTHING!

Well, I had to go back and check the original post, and it says nothing about midnight snacks at home, so you guys can whip up stuff that some of us would never dream. Still....not fair. <g>

(1) Take out frozen pizza.
(2) Heat oven to temp called for on box.
(3) Put pizza in oven and set timer.
(4) Bake pizza until you wake up the next morning.
(5) Take tiny black disk out of the oven and toss, and enjoy the smell of burnt pizza in your house for the next four weeks.

Well, at least you didn't put it in the oven....in the box! Umm...or did you?

Grilled peanut butter sandwich. Even better with chunky. Or make bumpkus butter. Maple syrup with PB blended and then schmear on. Grilled or plain.

Angel hair pasta (cooks quickly) with my homemade Sichuan oil

pulled pork sandwich with vinegar base bbq sauce and a over easy egg with cheddar cheese...dont judge me

I have never had a pb&j in my entire life, and I find the idea of it disgusting. Most people find that odd, but all this peanut butter talk turns my stomach.

k.

Odd? Odd? Have you ever considered seeking the help of mental health care professionals? <g>

I taught the younger staff how to make beer battered monte cristos today. Win.

Back