Welcome to Kitchen Knife Forums!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all .. just posted first elsewhere as there were a few individuals to thank for a very long thread read, lots info!:dazed:
Anyway my name is porter, I'm a home cook with quite a few friends that are or have been execs or sous so I've been in a lot of boh both normal sized to a couple of monsters. Mac knifes brought me in from the German winter (no offense to the German members here!) in the 90's and about four years got the first real jk, a tf mab. The walls of the rabbit hole are greased aren't they?:scared4:
And as the first admission of a knifeholic.. I have lurked this forum.. I lurked too long .. should've joined earlier

Welcome niwaki-boy. The rabbit hole is indeed greased - probably with some high-tech lithium gunk. It's also wide, dark and as far as I can tell, bottomless. Take care.
BTW, the first J-knife to attract me was a Maboroshi. Glad you got yours, I'm still looking...

Thanks Marek.. haha ..crap I think there's some ptfe involved as well! I didn't even think about the bottomless part as I'm floating completely unaware of any rules that involve 32ft persec/persec, do they offer parachutes halfway down? Is there something soft at the bottom like a pile of foam shigs?

Yeah I love that mab, it's a small one 195 that goes 203, I completely reworked the wide bev, man that steel is something!

Hey all,

I think I'll hide my introduction in this thread instead of giving it it's own. Basically, the gist of my journey so far started when I picked up a Masakage Yuki Bunka as a shared gift to surpass some old Henckels knives. Like many other small hobbies I have that others would see as nonsensical, I'm starting to get sucked in. But to be fair, I saw it coming.

Anyway, I found this place after doing some internet research for buying another knife as a gift. I'll likely ask for help in that area soon. I could also see myself getting into sharpening eventually, but for now I'll read around old stuff for some information on technique and stones. Any good resources are appreciated.

Other than that, I have some hand-me-down wood handled German butcher knives from a grandfather that was working in butchery. Unfortunately, a family member took them to someone who literally butchered them. I'd like to get them back in order just for sentimental reasons.

Hi DanDan.. I'm new here as well. There's a lot of great advice around here. Good luck and welcome! These boys will have you up and sharpening in no time, so you can get to cuttin' .. chop chop

Hello to all residents. I'm new around here, from Cuba but living in Calgary, AB, Canada.

We're glad to have you here. Please take a minute to introduce yourself to the forum and then get to posting. :D

Hi! I’m a newbie from BC and am loooking forward to reading and occasionally participating in forum discussions around sharpening and knives in general. I’ve got a lot to learn. Right now I’m going through the traditional uphill sledding associated with learning how to translate grits between oil stones, water stones, diamond stones, sandpaper etc. I really appreciate having the ability to access the collective wisdom of a large group of guys & gals with extensive experience in and around - KNIVES.

Hey everyone! Adding another knife forum to the list seems like a great idea, ha. Already have a decent collection, mostly 240 gyutos, but I can always add one more... Right?

Hi! I’m a newbie from BC and am loooking forward to reading and occasionally participating in forum discussions around sharpening and knives in general. I’ve got a lot to learn. Right now I’m going through the traditional uphill sledding associated with learning how to translate grits between oil stones, water stones, diamond stones, sandpaper etc. I really appreciate having the ability to access the collective wisdom of a large group of guys & gals with extensive experience in and around - KNIVES.
Hi Shangster! I posted in this thread when I joined ^see above^ and was welcomed by some nice folks.. so welcome to the forum. Just ask questions and I’m sure you’ll find the answers. Enjoy the ride :)

Hey everyone! Adding another knife forum to the list seems like a great idea, ha. Already have a decent collection, mostly 240 gyutos, but I can always add one more... Right?

Don’t how you snuck your post in between Itaichef and mine but welcome to the forums! Probably mod approval??

Not sure if i was supposed to create a new thread or introduce myself here, but i've been spectating a while... finally decided to join up!

Hi there, I’m new too! Never mind. I’m shy. So, I like reading about knives. I also like to laugh. Peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back