Well. I'll be forked!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, these pics have definitely increased my anticipation on mine showing up. They sure do look great!

Reed

So pumped for mine to get finished up!!I actually just transfered to banquets so I'm gonna be carvin up a storm all summer

Here are two more finished up today. Also included a before picture, so you can see how these started out. Again, these were forged in 1960 and are 1084 carbon, not stainless.

IMG_4322.jpgIMG_4323.jpg
IMG_4319.jpgIMG_4321.jpg
IMG_4327.jpg

Pierre, are you doing yours as a full tang, or hidden tang?

Mine is about half way. Keep on putting it on the back burner to finish other projects. I am toying with the idea of a hidden tang.

Wow, since I'm the kind of person who pretty much sees things as they are and not what they could be, I would have heated all those forks up and pounded them into a damascus billet. I'm glad you're a visionary and a craftsman, Pierre.

I was thinking about getting a fork and doing the rehandling myself as a little project, but just polishing up the old steel again is worth what Pierre is asking for them, too much work for me ;) I love how they come out and that these old pieces get turned into objects of beauty.

stefan

Wow, those look great! And the top one is mine, so I'm really excited to get it in hand. Thanks so much Pierre, for offering these.

Reed

Looks great! :) Mines the second one, can't wait to put it to use. Thank you.

Wow, you got it done! Looks great!!!! Thanks Pierre.

Wow--those are awesome! Can't believe that this has been going on for months and I've missed it all this time!

:bliss:

Got mine in hand, Very classy looking piece. Now I'm gonna need a suji to match... ha ha

Back