what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots. Spent the day in the shop and probably was a bit careless reg. using the dust mask, feels like I swallowed enough sawdust to warrant a stop at the beer shop on the way home. Most likely some Rogue will make it home with me.

Stefan

Piper Sonoma Sparkling Wine.

X2.

It's Friday beeotch! OK, it was a long grueling week....just glad to have a respite.

I hear you on the Friday at the end of a long week--we've been conducting initial round hiring interviews for a new position in our department, so all of my prep time has been displaced into what used to be non-work hours. I really enjoyed the glass of Blanton's with just a drop or three of water that I just finished.

I am super excited, just bought a case of Old Jubilation Ale by Avery Brewing Company. This stuff only comes out once a year and usually goes pretty fast. It tastes wonderful, has 8.3%ABV, and is cellarable for up to 3 years. I highly recommend.

Hermannator, by Vancouver Island Brewery, out once a year for a few weeks:

Brewed in limited batches each year, Hermannator Ice Bock was first introduced by Hermann, one of our original Brewmasters, during the holiday as a unique gift to his closest friends and customers. Crafted at 9.5% abv, using a signature blend of chocolate and caramel malts, this German Eisbock is slowly cold aged in our cellar for over 3 months.

And, Ugly Sweater Milk Stout, made by Parallel 49, awesome but smooth dark beer.

Just finished a Hebrew 16th anniv. It was soooo good, I want another but at 16% maybe I shouldn't

Had some Orangina last night, a nice treat which brings back fond memories of traveling in France during my younger and wilder years :) Put some bubbly in the fridge for tonight, Charles de Fere, Cuvee Jean-Louis Blanc de Blanc. Very affordable, the store was out of Gruet and told me I should try this instead. We'll see...

Stefan

Conn Valley Vineyards 2004 Napa Reserve cab: Still young and a little rough around the edges. The flavor wasn't really what I expect out of a California cab but I enjoyed it.

The liqueur store closed early for the holiday. So I walked to the nations worst strip club and asked if they had any wine. Beringer White Merlot is what I chose. Hope it's worth the 7.75.

The liqueur store closed early for the holiday. So I walked to the nations worst strip club and asked if they had any wine. Beringer White Merlot is what I chose. Hope it's worth the 7.75.

Did they win a national award is or is this just a personal designation?

$7.75...plus cover...plus 2 drink minimum.

lol I think I heard that they were voted that some were. No cover, they have a package store next to the "stage area". If you drive up at the right time you can see what stripper is performing.

Btw it's not the worst wine I have drank either.

Newcastle Brown Ale, quite a bit of it. Thank god for late nights in the kitchen.

Had some fresh baked country bread with truffled liver pate - that called for a 2006 Robert Weil Riesling Auslese. Not the greatest year but drinks very nicely right now.

Stefan

Ch. Suduiraut '97. I don't drink dessert wines often but when I do...

Back