what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing as how it's almost Christmas I thought I would crack open a bottle of 1996 Grange Hermitage, it's breathing in the decanter as I post, yum yum

Wow... it's one of the great vintage of Grange. Please post your TN if you have time.

2009 Lucia Cabernet, last vintage before they tore up the vines
2007 Stefania syrah
Johnny Walker Platinum

2001 Barnett Spring Mtn Cab. Still just as vibrant as the first time I tasted it. Merry Christmas, fellows.

Laphroaig Quarter Cask. Also some Boomsma 100% smooth grain jenever.

A couple of bottles of Budweiser - the real stuff, not the American $()($& - and a nice 24y Caol Ila bottled by Adelphi.

Stefan

Last night i had my first SQN the 2006 syrah raven no 5, very good but to be honest it did not live upto the hype.

Followed up with a 2011 booker vertigo, excellent in fact it was the equal of the SQN

"Sixth Glass Quadrupel Ale," which is another from Boulevard Brewing Company's "Smokestack" Series. Pretty big beer at 10.50% ABV; probably could have done with an additonal year in the refrigerator. Interesting and highly rated, but not really to my taste.

Last night i had my first SQN the 2006 syrah raven no 5, very good but to be honest it did not live upto the hype.

Followed up with a 2011 booker vertigo, excellent in fact it was the equal of the SQN

sqn, amazing, but I have some of that vertigo buried in my cellar some where.

k.

Some of my friends and I happen to be friends of the German SQN importer and we have been through a few cases of this stuff over the years, fortunately mostly paid for by the physicians among us... Some were stunning, some quite overprized IMHO. The 'Malcolm' ist the one that left the biggest impression a decade ago, forgot most of the others since they are out of my price range anyway. Oh, and some of the early dessert wines they made with Kracher were nice.

Stefan

and i'm not an over-the-top-tongue-scouring-hops freak, but Dogfish 90 has just the right smoothness and mouthfeel to be incredibly drinkable.

Muga 2009 especiale, very good
Evan Williams Single barrel later on

A lot of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale.. Was a gift from my crew!

2009 Tattinger carneros, one of the best Cali Champagnes ive ever had

Christmas gift:

298_398_the-worlds-most-powerful-pours-redbreast-12-year-old-cask-strength-irish-whiskey.jpg

"St. Bernardus Abt 12," which is a 10% ABV quadrupel from Belgium. I think it is fun to try "world class" beers, but at $8 for an 11.2 FL OZ bottle, it won't be a regular in my refrigerator. I don't know a great deal abut beer, but apparently this one be aged for three or four years, and maybe it should be. Interesting.

Abt 12 is great, but that sounds like bar prices here (approximately double). ouch.

Back