what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:plus1:
Noted that Clerc Milon 1986 was preferred to Margaux 1986, assume the 1st growth Chateau Margaux?
Yes

BTW, was there a 86 Yquem with dessert? No, wait, don't tell me, it will only hurt not to have been there...

No, but he has many cases of d'Yquem.

This fellow and his wife are members of our wine group. They have an amazingly deep cellar and are very generous.

Talisker 57 degrees North. An absolute bruiser of a malt from the Skye distillery, if there is a better "standard" distillery bottling at cask strength currently available then I have not had it. Magic.

Chateau Troplong-Mondot 1990
Lynch Bages 1989
Margaux 1986
Leoville Barton 1989
Pichon Longueville 1989
Cos D’estournel 1986
Clerc Milon 1986
Haut Brion 1989

2-4 oz of each at a Christmas party last night. I liked the Clerc Milon the best.

There were at least another 10 wines I didn't try including a Ch. Palmer 1989 and a 1989 Lafit, that was gone before I arrived.

How was the 89 Lynch Bages?

Dogfish Miles Davis Bitches Brew. Awesome, must try it if you can find it. We have one of eight barrels they made this year.

Well, no entries from me on this one for a few weeks. I was hoping this year was going to be eggnog and fruitcake year, but alas, I am on copious amounts of antibiotics, and they turn my liver into a narcoleptic bouncer. I tried to get through a 22 of Rahr and Sons bourbon-cask 10-week aged Winter Warmer, and delicious as it was, I was 1/3 of the way through and felt like I'd had 3.

Chateau Troplong-Mondot 1990
Lynch Bages 1989
Margaux 1986
Leoville Barton 1989
Pichon Longueville 1989
Cos D’estournel 1986
Clerc Milon 1986
Haut Brion 1989

2-4 oz of each at a Christmas party last night. I liked the Clerc Milon the best.

There were at least another 10 wines I didn't try including a Ch. Palmer 1989 and a 1989 Lafit, that was gone before I arrived.

Can i get an invite next year !!!

Dogfish Miles Davis Bitches Brew. Awesome, must try it if you can find it. We have one of eight barrels they made this year.

Tried it last year afer they did a special on TV, great beer, local store would only sell me one bottle though, bastards !!!

Talisker 57 degrees North. An absolute bruiser of a malt from the Skye distillery, if there is a better "standard" distillery bottling at cask strength currently available then I have not had it. Magic.

Ever had cask Lagavulin 12 year old ?

Its not exactly shy but what a whiskey

Gruet brut - bottled in New Mexico, last 1/3, still bubbles and still great tonight with
Thai fish filet with ginger sauce and spring rolls :hungry:

Green Flash Brewing Co. West Coast IPA
Dieu du Ciel Péché Mortel
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout '06-'07
Thomas Hooker Imperial Stout 2004

I my have to crack open my second 750ml bottle of the Abbaye Du Gembloux beer tonight.:D

Double bastard ale. Wonderful with some spicy, tangy ropa vieja.

Beer--made from grain, so it must be full of fiber.

Hey, beer was designed not only as a way to preserve grain, but also as a "clean" source of water, so it's doubly good for you.
Double bastard ale. Wonderful with some spicy, tangy ropa vieja.

Beer--made from grain, so it must be full of fiber.

Airplane wine. I know it is not sexy but in business class with Al Franken nearby I'm thinking: "I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it, people like me."

k.

Airplane wine. I know it is not sexy but in business class with Al Franken nearby I'm thinking: "I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it, people like me."

k.

At some point, someone, needs to confront him about Stuart Little.

Is it you?

Is it tonight?

:D

North Coast brewery's Imperial Russian Stout "Rasputen" aged in bourbon barrels... Have to write this up after I finish it :) I'm so glad our beer buyer goes after some rare brews :)

North Coast brewery's Imperial Russian Stout "Rasputen" aged in bourbon barrels... Have to write this up after I finish it :) I'm so glad our beer buyer goes after some rare brews :)

Going to be on tap at our place very soon...can't wait.

I was convinced to wait till christmas to crack this open :p at $20 a bottle I guess a special dinner would be fitting...
DSC01388.jpg

Back