what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cracked some wine. Chateau Faugeres 2005 St. Emilion. i got lucky and bought a few bottles of 2005 Bordeaux (would have bought all of the Faugeres, but they only had two) cheap over the weekend. the 2005 just gets better and better. it was tasty in 2008, when i first started drinking it, but here in 2012... makes me wonder what it will be like in another 5 years.

Yeah - the folks at Korbel have a great love for the Wisconsin people. They say we drink over 80% of their allocation.:thumbsup:

Oh I know! I just left Madison about 5 years ago and all I ever saw was Korbel trucks going down the highway. especially in the winter time.lol

Had some ancient ancient age at a buddy's insistence. I was not expecting much, but ended up being surprised. Not top shelf, by any means, but it definitely drinks better than its price tag.

Tonight, Guiness! And lhat lovely beer is chaseing down Slow roasted prime rib, yorkshire pudding, roasted baby red potatoes, and cinnamon/honey glazed carrots! Apple crumble, and french vanilla ice cream to top it off!

A beautiful sparkling vouvray with medium rare flank steak...a nice prelude to a sharpening session after the boy goes to sleep.

Tonight, an Evan Williams Bourbon. And a Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale (not my favorite Stone by any means, but it's what was on tap, and ... not at all bad).

I think that Bear wins tonight!
I had a Mad River "Serious Madness" Black ale. It's like Guinness on steroids.

Ok Beer night tonight

Petrus Belgium Sour
Ommegang hennepin
Duvel
Ommegang Three Philosphers
Duvel

Great night, very realxed

Envious. Water and Alka Seltzer for me, headache day.

Stefan

I find it fantatsic this thread has over 13000 views and 70 pages, more so that I have read every page...some great recomendations.

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

Smooth and light tasting, good body but not something I'd go after again.

It's a special feeling sitting at home a sunday night, raising your glass of 12 year old MacLeods single-grain, giving it a tap on the light and drowning it.
Makes you feel so good inside.. like you have serious problems.

Bayern Dopplebock from Montana, and a Skullsplitter.

Sapporo bottled in Ontario, Canada with Yamadaya Tsukemen.

I know I have some Rogues in the Fridge, will pick out one to wash down the saw dust in a few moments. Probably a Double Dead Guy.

Stefan

Blair Athol cask strength.

If I have too much of this I'll grab a Hamm's to pump the breaks.

Double Dead Guy once I am done with the dishes. Too much damage if I drink the beer before I do them...

Stefan

Random DOC Portugese table red... not bad really.

2009 Tormaresca "Neprica" Puglia :), same price range as 10buck chuck :wow:

Back