What boner?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jon I looked on your site and while both the knives mentioned were out of stock I also came across issues with postage to Australia. Do you post to Aus? Can you give me a rough indication of price.

Sorry- didnt mean to get a little off topic. I currently use a stouter Tanaka VG-10 petty, and a very thin 90/10 Konosuke W2 petty for the majority of my boning. The VG can stand up to some of the light jointing, and the thinner Kono makes waste of the silver skin and fine seaming work. I'm moving towards fabricating more primals, which is why I'm holding out for a Marko-suki.

I currently use a stouter Tanaka VG-10 petty, and a very thin 90/10 Konosuke W2 petty for the majority of my boning. .

This is interesting I have used my hiro AS petty to do a bit but was wondering if a thicker or thinner blade would be better suited to the job I know it's all about personal preferance but maybe im better off just using the petty it is only for home use after all it won't be getting daily use

does someone make a Wa handled boner?

Stephan fowler makes a wa honesuki although its quite thick and it is single bevel check them out on you know where there might be a few left. Just wanted to add that mine has a hollow back.

I always liked the wa honesuki by Watanabe. With all the new brands around he may have fallen out of fashion a bit, but I happened to like every knife I have seen from him. Comes in just north of the budget, though, unless the yen falls...

Stefan

I waiting on a yoshikane wa hankotsu from afames with the burnt chestnut handle. It just over 200 and he will have a few in in about 2 weeks

Hi Turbo - Just curious if your (aframes) yoshikane hankotsu ever arrived ... I ordered one at probably the same time as you (Dec 2012) but have been "on hold" ever since? Not in dire straights but 17+ months waiting for a non-custom knife is rather 'unusual' just fell in love with the photos and wanted one as I was doing quite a bit more butchering. Just found this post so was curious ... still waiting patiently though so hoping if you did get it that it will be worth the wait.

Back