What do you have on your wrist?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMAG0851.jpg

I love watches, but I have a modest budget. My everyday watch is a replica of the classic Bulova Drivers' Watch made under the Adidas label:
Adidas Bulova Drivers Watch.jpg

My special occasion watch is this Montblanc Star Automatic:
Montblanc Star Automatic Watch.jpg

Lots of Eco-Drive love! My daily each is an Eco-Drive that I've had for about 10 years. I'm at work, and this is my work watch. My wife bought it for me for Christmas, because she saw me eyeing it up:

00638AE2-D0B5-4200-997D-8D7FDEC6CAA4-1276-000001399F812541.jpg

It was on my wrist when my bunker gear got destroyed, and it's looking as great as ever. Citizens are awesome watches.

I don't know about the US, but here in Canada Costco has awesome prices on Eco-Drive. Usually they're about $100 less than everyone else on a $250 model.

It had been years since I wore a watch, not because I didn't miss doing so, but because I had trouble finding something that I liked, that I could afford, and that would hold up.
I just recently found a good deal on a Lum Tec Super Combat B2, and it's been well worth the wait. Very legible and simple dial, perfect size for my wrist, but lightweight thanks to Ti, simple hand-wind ETA movement (I actually enjoy winding it every day), fantastic build quality, and as the name company suggests: amazing lume.
It's also been my first introduction into Nato style straps and I'm hooked: most comfortable style of strap I've ever worn. It came with some really well made ballistic nylon ones that I use if it's going to get really wet and dirty, but I also just picked up a dressier shell cordovan nato by DaLuca and it feels sooo good.

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2861.jpg

everyday beater. is a Casio Pathfinder PAW1300. above all else, i am a backpack bowhunter. best watch for that use. while it was in for repairs, i got an analog Casio at Costco for $100.

for added plummage..i have a gold Rolex president, stainless Tuder, and some vintage Omega.

Lots of Eco-Drive love! My daily each is an Eco-Drive that I've had for about 10 years. I'm at work, and this is my work watch. My wife bought it for me for Christmas, because she saw me eyeing it up:

It was on my wrist when my bunker gear got destroyed, and it's looking as great as ever. Citizens are awesome watches.

You're a lefty but you wear your watch on your left wrist?

You're a lefty but you wear your watch on your left wrist?

Yeah, but I don't know how or why that happened. When I was a kid I wore them on my right, because everyone said that lefties wear watches on their right wrist. I guess it just feels more natural on my left. Great, now I feel like a traitor.

I wear mine on my left, and I'm a leftie too. Dad always said that men wore watches on their left regardless, so I just did what my old man said, and now its a habit.

non is right or wrong. however normally most wears the wristwatch on non-dominant arm, and why, well common sens. just less risk to scratch it etc.

but some watches is designed to be worn on the left arm, the winder on non digital watches is positioned for wearing on the left wrist.

Hmm, maybe I should have a look at these Citizens, they seem to get a lot of love here and would be cheaper than having my Sector repaired.... If I could do whatever I want (i.e. win the lottery), I'd probably get the classic Omega Seamaster Chrono in blue.

Stefan

A Seamaster is definitely on my list, but I like the Speedmaster better (I don't live by the water, though). Having a Rolex back on my wrist has been almost therapeutic. The titanium Citizen is just too light!

I'm loving this thread, getting some great ideas for my next watch. Great. I'm already saying "next watch" as if the 6 I have already weren't enough! F*k me, another addiction being fueled...

My grad present to myself when I graduated nursing school. Such a beast, love the heft and size of it. I'm a big dude so i can pull it off lol

A1337011-C792PRF-1.jpg

I had an Eco Drive and loved it, then one day the stem pulled out when I was changing the time or date. Would have been just as cheap to buy as new one as have it repaired. Decided to go for something a little more girly:

Sorry that I did. The darn thing is hard to read without hashmarks for the "in between" hours, there's no second hand, and I never know what day it is without the calendar on my watch. And you can forget reading it in the dark. The only problem is that it keeps good time and keeps running, so I can't justify replacing it.

I too am a lefty and wear my watches on my left wrist. I think watches are made to be worn on the left, no?

I'm right handed and I wear mine on the right.....my dad is left handed and wears his on he left...no one ever believes me....ryan

Yeah, but I don't know how or why that happened. When I was a kid I wore them on my right, because everyone said that lefties wear watches on their right wrist. I guess it just feels more natural on my left. Great, now I feel like a traitor.
I always ended up with my watch on my right. But then again I am mostly ambidextrous so I didn't think to much about it either.

lefty wearing watches on the left as well. but i switch specially when it gets sweaty. lol. uncomfortable.

xgcd.jpg

Have had it for the past two years, its treated me well.

Back