What gift to get for a friend starting culinary school? (Non-knife related)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously a knife roll/bag. Something like the Mercer backpack knife roll combo. I would have loved to have something like that instead of carrying 3 different things.

good working shoes. save your knee's later on

Last edited by a moderator:
Flavor bible. Definite must have for a budding chefs book collection. inexpensive and great to have around if you get stuck with parings at times.

I have to try some of these. I have been using the started moisture wicking anti microbial boxer briefs but still need gold bond every once in ahwile
Awwww Hell !!!! We have to start a "chef nutz" or a "swamp taint" thread. I've had it soooooo bad. Stuff wicking undies and gold bold can't touch........

Awwww Hell !!!! We have to start a "chef nutz" or a "swamp taint" thread. I've had it soooooo bad. Stuff wicking undies and gold bold can't touch........

Me too I have had to do the duck walk.

Nice try, Underarmor.

What do you mean? I cant tell what you are saying. I swear by these things and have at least 15 or so pairs. They are essential. Along with Champion or Under Armour breathable muscle tees, hanes comfort stretch or wigwam breathable quarter length hiking socks, chefwear ventilated performance pants, and sanita clogs or dansko wayne oxford walkers.

Comfort is key and over the years I have developed a very specific set of clothing that works best. I won't compromise my comfort in this sweltering hell that I work. If I can pass along the knowledge I have gained through trial and error feel free to take advantage and give it a shot. The **** works!

What do you mean? I cant tell what you are saying. I swear by these things and have at least 15 or so pairs. They are essential. Along with Champion or Under Armour breathable muscle tees, hanes comfort stretch or wigwam breathable quarter length hiking socks, chefwear ventilated performance pants, and sanita clogs or dansko wayne oxford walkers.

Comfort is key and over the years I have developed a very specific set of clothing that works best. I won't compromise my comfort in this sweltering hell that I work. If I can pass along the knowledge I have gained through trial and error feel free to take advantage and give it a shot. The **** works!
TRUTH! I swear by the shoes I wear because they are the best I have ever owned. I am looking for boxer briefs. But I wear certain pants, certain undershirts, and coats.

Its a dumb joke which does'nt quite work on forums haha...forget it..

I will def'n give these a try based on your emphatic recommendations. One question though, have you tried other cheaper brands that have the same design to see if they work or not? Or is this something not even available in other brands?

exofficio briefs. That and orthotics. Orthotics help me with my posture and the underwear helps me with my monkeyballs.

Monkey Balls

A nasty chafing of the nut sack region that causes the inflicted individual to walk in a monkey-like state.

Often caused by heavy sweating of the nether regions, combined with tight, ill-fitting clothes and excessive 70's style disco dancing.
From the look of that dude's apish stroll, he must have a nasty case of the monkey balls.

monkeyball.jpg
[/IMG]Not to be confused with monkey ball sushi which is yucky.

Back