What is your favorite parering knife?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deglon Sabatier series, I believe it is somewhere about 70-90mm. It is indeed a softer steel but I use it mainly for in hand work and if it got too sharp I'm scared I would cut up the pad of my thumb.

My favorite parers are an old Gerber Pixie in M2 with a hard chrome finish. They haven't been made in years, but can be gotten used. The blade is short and thin, and the edge lasts forever. A close second is my old Gerber 3" parer in 440C. It is flat ground with a straight edge, sort of like the Torijo. These two are antiques.

RIMG0613 (2).jpg
These.

I like my old-style Ealy the best. The snubby nose seemed at bit odd at first glance but in practice the knife is just great!

hmmm, I have alot, the ealy birdbeak, early ealy paring knife, the harner/lefty collabo, pierre sheepsfoot, I have used the yoshi v2, my chef used to have it until he lost it at a bbq. I had ecchef's top nogent paring knife until I gave it away to a friend, but my favourite paring knife has to be my little willy, Will c is the man, and he makes a mean knife. I do like the look of that super thin deglon I think it is though, as well as ecchef's harner, its also got a nice shape to it.

This one is pretty good at everything a parer should do. Because of the micarta/stainless combo, it saw mostly shrimp de-viening duty. I actually have another Harner that never made it to pics. It's shorter and wider.

Back