what is your unicorn dream ride?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
mine used to be aston martin v600 but there has been a take over. just take a look at this monster:

2018 Porsche 911 GT3
[video=youtube;fQHaA8ttkE0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQHaA8ttkE0[/video]

naturally aspirated 9000 RPM, like the car i already have (honda s2000) but on ROIDS.

Mine would be a Merc E63 AMG. Not the fastest sedan of the supersedans nor the most expensive luxury sports sedan out there...but damn does it make me feel things. It's just too bad they ditched the 5.5L supercharged V8 for the newer incarnations with a bi-turbo couple years back. I guess the average E class driver can't handle the neighborhood of 500lb-ft of torque lol

i had a vintage porsche 911. as i understand it, driving a new one is disconnected. but i want one!! just need to find a used one in 15 years :D

my unicorn ride is unusual. i want to be a passenger on a fighter jet and land (and take off from) an air craft carrier.

i'm with you on the catapult part, but only take off, the landing wouldn't be thrilling just scary. would also love a ride along on an acrobatic plane doing stall drops.

i'm with you on the catapult part, but only take off, the landing wouldn't be thrilling just scary. would also love a ride along on an acrobatic plane doing dead drops.

Imagine landing on one of those at night on a rough sea. Insanity.

Considering my original post about the E63 AMG, it isn't truly a "unicorn" since they are not difficult to find and everyone with an extra $100K lying around could drive one, my true "unicorn" might be an '87 Grand National GNX

my unicorn ride is unusual. i want to be a passenger on a fighter jet and land (and take off from) an air craft carrier.[/QUOTE]

have'nt done a Cat shot, but I Helo'ed from DD-964 to The Coral Sea & back & I was ready to piss myself the whole time,
the carrier looks like a parking lot compared to lining up the postage stamp on the back end of a Destroyer

As I do not posses a drivers licence, no purpose lusting for cars..
Very happy with my Scott E-Sub Tour E-bike though - really helps as I'm having knee problems atm.
In fact, it IS my dream ride although I enjoy traveling by train as well.

Lars

A brand new solid steel 54 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup but with 4 wheel drive, a decent modern radio, and a good heater. And none of the rest of that fighter plane dashboard crap my current 2016 Colorado has. Pickups should be farm work tools, not fashion statements for cool urban yuppies. :)

Right now I am absolutely dreaming about building a V12 XJS as a sporty daily (loud) car.

It'd have a later 6.0 engine, TWR heads (I can only dream), nasty fat cam, 180deg headers fabbed by me going out the sides, nice suspension, lightened, manual swap, modern ecu and ignition plus tune. Dunno if I want the 3.54 rear or keep the common 2.88 in there for loooooooong pulls (2nd gear good from 0-110mph)

Something like this: [video=youtube;95MhCNKf7CA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95MhCNKf7CA[/video]

A major plus would be if it didn't overheat and explode. That probably should've been my first requirement.

Mclaren F1...and just because I'm dreaming, I'll take the orange LM variant sitting in Mr. Lauren's stable...gotta love the fact that the street legal version was FASTER than the racemodel due to lack of intake restrictions (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLaren_F1_LM). Worked for 2 years with Ralf Kelleners (culminating in a 3rd in GT at the Rolex 24hrs at Daytona in 2007) who raced one back in the 90's and raved about the driveabilty and performance of the car. Its over 25 years old and still in the top 5 of all-out performing street cars! 10 years ago they were just over $1m, 5 years ago it started to break records and a nice example went for $4m...last year a model went for $10.8m, sadly their value is rising faster than my salary and ownership is looking less and less likely.

I would love to have a ride in the international space station for month or so. Clearly a unicorn.

qjbjflszkxbcoauaqksj.jpg

Nice one. I had been thinking of anything taking me to space. A month might be a stretch but just to get there... Wow!

For me, just to look at our earth from outside our atmosphere would be akin to dying and being reborn again. Life/mind/spiritually altering on so many levels.

If it has to be just one. 1969 Camaro Z/28 RS, orange with white stripes.

Space aside, my terrestrial unicorn ride could well be this:
Atom_High_Front_3qrtr.png
It's an Ariel Atom - powered by a Honda Civic Type R engine. Might not be the fanciest four wheeler, nor is it an everyday car but it sure looks like a super fun ride. BTW, it's faster over a quarter mile than my Kawasaki GPZ-900R.
:D
Here's TopGear's take on it in action:
[video]https://youtu.be/mbsYPXAJhxU[/video]

Eagle Spyder GT. I'm not too fussy, right?

And since the title is dream ride, I have to add an Asola road bike, custom made by Antonio Sarto.

mine used to be aston martin v600 but there has been a take over. just take a look at this monster:

2018 Porsche 911 GT3
[video=youtube;fQHaA8ttkE0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQHaA8ttkE0[/video]

naturally aspirated 9000 RPM, like the car i already have (honda s2000) but on ROIDS.

I am with you all the way! Amazing car, amazing engine, amazing chassis, amazing performance. On every track day I go there are lots of them, simply because it is the best car for doing this.

This is one of the last naturally aspirated cars available. So important when you want to drive fast, especially on the limit. I just hate turbo engines. OK they are powerful, also down low, but you just cannot have the same control with them. Not to mention the lack of power surge near the top of the revs, that diesel feeling they emit...

Like you, I am also lucky to be driving naturally aspirated car, mine has V8 that revs like crazy (8300).

Just bought my ultimate dream car this May.

2015 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker in B5 Blue with the 392 cubic inch HEMI

IMG_20170801_194632.jpg

IMG_20170822_194818.jpg

IMG_20170703_203248.jpg

Unicorn car?

1968 Dodge Charger

8238004-1968-dodge-charger-std-c.jpg

1970 Dodge Challenger

6056eff54f162016b148293ac06d8d0d--movie-tv-the-movie.jpg

1971 Plymouth 'Cuda
7818229-1971-plymouth-cuda-std-c.jpg

Why? 'Murica!