What vacuum tubes do you have in your life?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bel Canto amp with WW2 vintage 845s and Amperex 12AX7s
Conrad Johnson Premier 14 with Mullard 6GK5s
Conrad Johnson Premier 12 with NOS Tung-Sol 6550s

In the vintage dept. RCA Black Plate, Siemens, Tesla (real ones), GE, Hytron, Mullard, Sylvania, Telefunken, Amprex, Brimar, RFT, JAN Philips, the list goes on. What can I say I like tubes.

Wow... lots of KKF members here who love tubes.

Well, you can see my avatar on tube that I'm using currently.

Happiness is being in your speakers sweet spot grills off,listening to favorite music in the dark,only the glow of vacuum tubes.

Very late to the party. I went with Rogue and NOS EH KT90's. Sad thing is it's a dual use room and the mono solid states sound so good the tubes don't get a fair shake.

I build/modify most of my own tube gear. National Electronic branded East German 6CA7s for my main single ended triode connected amp with 6N1P drivers, a SV83/6pi15ev - 6N1P SET, modified MG Head headphone amp with SV83s only - no driver, modified MGHead into guitar amp! JJ 12AX7/EL84, JJ 12AX7s - RCA blackplate 6V6GTs for my Trainwreck Express inspired guitar amp one of which is pretty much worn out but they still sound glorious.

Hi all,

New member SixCats! here. I must say I'm surprised to find a thread on Tubes here at KKF. I am a loooong time (early member) of AudioKarma.org
I mostly have/listen to MONO Tube Amp system. I have a PILOT AA-903B ("the Baby with the Bite" EL84's) a HEATHKIT A-9C (6L6), a FISHER 500 MONO Receiver (EL37), a SCOTT 222D Stereo Integrated Amp (7189's) and a FISHER 400 (I can't recall). I also have a beautiful pristine vintage GOLDEN LION (?) something or other stashed away somewhere.

My main speaker : http://jelabs.blogspot.com/2011/06/architects-music-and-hi-fi.html

http://i39.tinypic.com/fjjhus.jpg

This is an interesting picture of a Charles Eames/Stephens Tru-Sonic collaboration sent a while back by Thomas Patrick Shortall, Jr. aka Sixcats! with another intriguing speaker in the background ;) Robert Stephens was part of the Shearer Horn project before starting his own company. I have seen a few Stephens drivers and the quality of construction is comparable to an Altec or JBL. But I never saw or heard this particular speaker system which according to a brochure in Hi-Fi Lit contained a 15" woofer in a folded horn chamber, compression driven 10 cell horn midrange + super tweeter. It is a rare piece and probably samples have been snapped up by mid-century modern collectors long before audio aficionados became aware of the sonic virtues of vintage equipment.

Regards,
SixCats!

Back