Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inspired by Fantasy of Eggs by Daniel Humm

IMG_4356.jpeg

63°C for an hour, let cool briefly

Top eggs, eject contents into bowl

Insert smoked salmon, crème fraîche, capers, whatever will surprise and delight your guests

Minimizing loose whites, reinsert egg yolk plus some egg white to fill slightly more than shown here. Tidy up the shell – I was sloppy

Add ikura for recursiveness and chives for colour

Last edited:
Lots of basil in the garden. Time to make some basil pesto.
1711274324037.jpeg

Garlic, salt, and toasted pine nuts.
1711274357341.jpeg

Gradually adding the basil.
1711274368321.jpeg

Blending in olive oil and parmesan.
1711274381841.jpeg

And the finished thing in its jar.
1711274394065.jpeg

Made pesto spaghetti, sprinkled with parmesan and fried garlic, plus a side salad.
1711274404122.jpeg

I spent most of the afternoon sitting on the couch watching cycling and eating a bag of potato chips, so this is all I could manage for dinner.
Rigatoni with garlic, chili, anchovy, broccoli and parmigiano reggiano.
IMG_6606.JPG

I spotted duck gizzards at an Asian butcher earlier today and decided to make some. (It's been years…) Gizzards are not cleaned yet in this image.

1711625253254.jpeg

I used them for an Asian-inspired braise with soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, honey, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper corns, garlic, ginger, galangal, and chili and fresh bay leaves from the garden.

It takes about 2.5 hours for the gizzards to become nice and tender, being at a very low simmer in homemade chicken stock. The onions disintegrate completely and, eventually, the sauce thickens by itself to a thick and syrupy consistency without the need for cornstarch or xanthan gum. I added the carrot to the pot after a little over two hours of simmering.

1711625428926.jpeg

Served with rice and bok choi from the garden. I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. Certainly very tasty, with tender gizzards (but still with a little bit of bite), and very healthy. That plate, including the rice, has 712 kcal, with 45 g of protein and 9 g of fibre, and only 16 g of fat (despite me having sautéed the onions in goose fat).

1711625667873.jpeg

Made Agnolotti for the first time, they're filled with braised shortrib, spinach and parmigiano reggiano. Froze them and i'm going to be using them for a dinner tomorrow evening, finish with the braising liquid that i'm turning into a jus, some truffle butter. Also playing with the idea of a side of roasted cherry tomatoes, and maybe topping the whole thing off with some crushed almonds/amaretti for an added nutty taste + texture.
20240327_194238.jpg

Made Agnolotti for the first time, they're filled with braised shortrib, spinach and parmigiano reggiano. Froze them and i'm going to be using them for a dinner tomorrow evening, finish with the braising liquid that i'm turning into a jus, some truffle butter. Also playing with the idea of a side of roasted cherry tomatoes, and maybe topping the whole thing off with some crushed almonds/amaretti for an added nutty taste + texture.View attachment 311443
You said shortrib and I immediately started drooling.

Back