Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the barbeque grill - chopped peppers and onion with feta, bok choy, chicken thigh and wing.

0323dnrplt.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know why such larger mortar & pestles aren't the norm. They work so much easier! Yet the majority sold in cooking stores are these small toy models...
I used to have one of those small ones. Useless. Not just because it was too small, but because it wouldn't stay put. A good mortar needs to be heavy, so it doesn't move around or tip over while you are grinding/mashing things.

I don't know why such larger mortar & pestles aren't the norm. They work so much easier! Yet the majority sold in cooking stores are these small toy models...
I went to 4 different kitchen supply stores and couldn't find anything worth a damn. All mortars were too light and way too small. Had to order this one online and I'm glad I did.

My M&P is on the small size. i want one way bigger but storage is a problem. i use mine quite often, so i could probably justify the purchase. i think mine is 4 cups (cole and mason?? sound right?) and i think it is too small. still.

i'll measure it now. eww...2.5 cups. yup.. 4 should be good!!

Back