What's in your bag?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this thread....

set.jpg

Love this thread....

set.jpg

I see a Kohetsu hap40 gyuto in the middle there and in some good company. There's not that many of them around. I have one and so far it's been a disappointment. How have you liked yours?

I wish I could contribute but I can't ad pictures[emoji17]

I see a Kohetsu hap40 gyuto in the middle there and in some good company. There's not that many of them around. I have one and so far it's been a disappointment. How have you liked yours?

That Kohetsu is Aogami Super and its been great - light, very thin and laser like. Keeps a great edge.

Exactly. I use the diamond on Forshners and vintage carbons, followed by a quick swipe on the ceramic. Most jknives I strop on hard felt.

Really enjoy gawking at the pro setups y'all have! Thanks for sharing the photos and descriptions.

Cheers,
Blair

ultimate edge deluxe bag contents:

WP_20161219_16_25_11_Pro_zpsym0pebr1.jpg~original

from left to right knives
mac black ceramic, sieger ruby, 240 mizuno honyaki white #2 gyuto, 210 misono carbon gyuto, 240 masamoto ks gyuto, 105 watanabe white #2 parer, 180 heiji iwasaki petty, 270 heiji iwasaki suji, 165 moritaka AS petty, 10" k-sabatier carbon gyuto, 270 mac bread, 210 munetoshi gyuto, 5" r.murphy chef's select filet (missing from photo reprofiled 270 takeda classic gyuto w/ burnt chestnut gengetsu handle)

tools

WP_20161219_16_25_34_Pro_zpscqnrjx8a.jpg~original

9" vollrath tongs, cktg fish spatula, microplane, mac shears, rosle 12" plating tongs, thermoworks pocket thermometer, cake tester, carbon blade peeler, offset spatula, japanese fish tweezers, mini fixed depth mandoline, 8" rosle pastry brush and 10" silicone spatula, kunz plating spoon (missing from photo rust eraser and ceramic rod eraser, and sharpies and red ink ballpoint pens, bottle of superglue and aspirin)

after i laid all this out i can't believe how much s*** fits into this bag!!

i'll post my work sharpening setup when i use it next.

ultimate edge deluxe bag contents:

WP_20161219_16_25_11_Pro_zpsym0pebr1.jpg~original

from left to right knives
mac black ceramic, sieger ruby, 240 mizuno honyaki white #2 gyuto, 210 misono carbon gyuto, 240 masamoto ks gyuto, 105 watanabe white #2 parer, 180 heiji iwasaki petty, 270 heiji iwasaki suji, 165 moritaka AS petty, 10" k-sabatier carbon gyuto, 270 mac bread, 210 munetoshi gyuto, 5" r.murphy chef's select filet (missing from photo reprofiled 270 takeda classic gyuto w/ burnt chestnut gengetsu handle)

tools

WP_20161219_16_25_34_Pro_zpscqnrjx8a.jpg~original

9" vollrath tongs, cktg fish spatula, microplane, mac shears, rosle 12" plating tongs, thermoworks pocket thermometer, cake tester, carbon blade peeler, offset spatula, japanese fish tweezers, mini fixed depth mandoline, 8" rosle pastry brush and 10" silicone spatula, kunz plating spoon (missing from photo rust eraser and ceramic rod eraser, and sharpies and red ink ballpoint pens, bottle of superglue and aspirin)

after i laid all this out i can't believe how much s*** fits into this bag!!

i'll post my work sharpening setup when i use it next.

Told you those bags were the real deal😘

IMG_5413.jpg

Harner Line Knife, Yoshikane Pairing Knife, 240 Mario Gyuto, 230 Carter Blue Steel Gyuto

Masakage Kiri Santoku 165 (top) and Nakiri Hinoura River Jump 165 (bottom)
62f32dcd7166b5268c501f4c35bf66da.jpg

27c9d0ffa6d1d49e035c3556125c9aef.jpg

The Hinoura won't be with me for very long as I will have to move it to appease my better half :bat: and it won't be seen my cutting board. Though I'm dying to cut something with it:no:
A Masakage Koichi Gyuto 240 is almost certainly next, with a Yuki 210 probably joining it. And a Tojiro DP Petty 150 should be delivered soon.
Carlos

That Unryu (cloud dragon) is beautiful.

I've got a nakiri, petty and gyuto as well, I think they are absolutely beautiful.

D44qNL8.jpg

Tanaka b2 damascus 240, Yamawaku 210 that has been heavily reprofiled to take out some bad chips, 210 Sakai Yusuke white 2 suji, Itinomonn wa butcher, 180 a type petty, 135 Gesshin Kagero petty

I find it pretty tough and confidence inspiring. It mostly sees poultry use at this point, probably way overkill in my kit but good to have around. It's wicked stiff. I had some microchipping on the stock edge, probably resulting from poor technique, but threw on a microbevel and haven't had issues. Looking forward to taking it to some subprimals whenever menu change allows.

Back