What's Your Knife Confession?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few very nice carbon knives but I haven't use any of them for more than 6 month!! I'm so lazy to wipe blade every few cutting task & to polish carbon knife when I done with it. I only use my semi-stainless/stainless cladding/PM knives now......I used to enjoy sharpening/polishing my knives almost everyday, not anymore. I guess Reality of Life & health problem wear out my passion of knife quite a bit:sad0:

Was too busy to do much in the way of sharpening this summer, and now I can't get an edge using my Rika to save my life. Any of my other stones, fine. But not the Rika. Shave paper, yes. Cut a tomato, no.

Also have a gorgeous little Yosihide western petty that's sulking in a box. I don't like the balance, but have been dithering over getting it rehandled to see if the balance can be modified or put it up for sale. About the time I get ready to sell it, I take it out of the box, look at it, see the clouds, and put it away again.

Lucretia, Your Rika not unlike my clawhammer banjo. Its about regular practice, my Enoch Dobson just stares me in the face. photo.jpg

Lucretia, Your Rika not unlike my clawhammer banjo. Its about regular practice, my Enoch Dobson just stares me in the face.

This is true. It was no trouble before, just been too busy to use it for a while and have forgotten how to hold my tongue.

Great looking banjo!

I have a few very nice carbon knives but I haven't use any of them for more than 6 month!! I'm so lazy to wipe blade every few cutting task & to polish carbon knife when I done with it. I only use my semi-stainless/stainless cladding/PM knives now......I used to enjoy sharpening/polishing my knives almost everyday, not anymore. I guess Reality of Life & health problem wear out my passion of knife quite a bit:sad0:

Solution - Embrace the patina my friend...

Back