Whats your prep/warm up kitchen playlist?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We rock a lot of Classic Rock, 80's, and Them Crooked Vultures when the white(r) crew is on:) otherwise, its Latino rap (don't laugh, a lot of it's actually pretty good!) If it's just me in the morning and I have a monster preplist, it's Lamb of God

Today and only today, because it is dead and it's his birthday: James Dewitt Yancey aka Jay Dee aka J Dilla.

Today was the new Coheed and Cambria until service started, then Tom Waits during rush. Made for a interesting night

After listening to music tonight during service (and it wasn't rotating choice, it was all stuff I really love playing), I am more anti-music than ever. Fine for awhile, annoying after a couple hours, makes the whole place noisier, doesn't help when things are busy, etc, etc. Who needs it.

After listening to music tonight during service (and it wasn't rotating choice, it was all stuff I really love playing), I am more anti-music than ever. Fine for awhile, annoying after a couple hours, makes the whole place noisier, doesn't help when things are busy, etc, etc. Who needs it.
I for one don't have any during service, one of the very few times I've snapped was about 8 years ago when the hot-entree section was slow they turned the stereo on after about 5 mins while I'm getting raped on sautee I'd had enough, I threw an over-cooked piece of chicken at the radio and yelled at them "turn that f**ken shift off" one thing I hate is people dicking off when some one else is busy, that radio never came on again during service. That was one of 4 times I've lost my cool in 13 years.

I know I said you can use my knife in a professional kitchen, but doing so while listening to that crap is borderline abuse.

I have to go with ecchef and chinacats.....Skeletons from the closet, American Beauty, Cats under the Stars......just something about those Jerry riffs:biggrin:

I have to go with ecchef and chinacats.....Skeletons from the closet, American Beauty, Cats under the Stars......just something about those Jerry riffs:biggrin:

Just loaned out my DVD Audio of Workingmans and AB to skaijl6296 when he came by to pick up some subwoofers and drop off some knives. First time I heard Workingmans in surround I almost cried. It was a freaking revelation, and I've heard that album maybe 1,000 times. So worth searching out. AB less so but still amazing.

When I used to be in a pro kitchen, I mostly prepped a lone and wanted as few questions/"helpful" suggestions as possible. Prep music was Birthday Party, Big Black, Cop Shoot Cop, Foetus, Jesus Lizard, early Bauhaus, Nick Cave, or the like. In my home, lots of The Clash, Desmond Dekker, Neko Case, and Talking Heads.

...reading that over, good job quitting, me.

Just loaned out my DVD Audio of Workingmans and AB to skaijl6296 when he came by to pick up some subwoofers and drop off some knives. First time I heard Workingmans in surround I almost cried. It was a freaking revelation, and I've heard that album maybe 1,000 times. So worth searching out. AB less so but still amazing.

http://songmango.com/the-deads-best-the-sweetest-eyes-of-the-world/

http://songmango.com/dead-best-jerry-garcia-starts-a-revolution-in-83/

Just a couple to have fun with.............song mango emails them out once a week

I worked in kitchens a long time ago. It was The Cars. Pink Floyd and Johnny Cash. I only wish that back then we had the knife's of today.Every time I hear the cars I think back to the massive piles of prep done with them. Music does improve productivity but only if the person working enjoys said music. The only problem I see with it is when one chef takes control and wont allow everyone a chance to enjoy what they like.Oh and God forbid you can hear music in the front of the house.

Latest posts

Back