D. Martell Where we go from here.....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hold on - once you have to shop set up you will not miss the old one so much. Take it as a possibility to make it even better than it was before :)

That's exactly what I'm doing but not so much because I want to, it's become a have to thing, but yeah it's coming along OK. I'm actually down to the final touches which are the worst bits to do. It should be a much better work shop overall although it's no where near as nice for stone sharpening work as the old place and that's because this doesn't have running water nor the space with a floor drain to catch excess flow. The handle/knifemaking/belt sharpening set up is a lot more fluid now so I guess I'd say that it's been a give and take balance.

Update>Spent the whole weekend re-working my belt grinder motor. I decided to move it because it's fan has always blown the dust to the left of the grinder which causes a problem with dust pick up. This led to a whole new design for the drive belt tension set up. I used it for a day and hated it so I broke it all down and went back to the drawing board. Once I drive a couple of hours tomorrow for some longer mounting bolts I'll be able to give the new version a test spin. I hope it work because it's a real nice set up that allows me to quick change speeds of my step pulleys (and no I don't have a nice variable speed set up!). Changing drive speeds has been a pain in the ass so I'm hopeful this will help. Plus it was so much work making the mounting plate and everything that I just don't want to have to do it all over again, I just want to be done with this and move on.

Robin and I just spent the last 4 hours hanging crap on the walls so that we can get the crap off of the floor. Round and round we go... :spin chair:

The biggest hurdle that still needs taking care of is the dust collection system. I'm going to have to go half-ass with it (using cheap dryer ducting) for now so that I can back get to working and then order up the remaining (quality) stuff for the permanent system to install as I can. To do this correctly is going to take time and money - neither of which I have currently. :D

I'm just about back up and running now and once I get the stone/hand sharpening station set up I'll take some pictures of the shop and post them for you guys to see. I've got to get a decent rack for my stones first though, I want to have them surrounding (or at least in front of) me within arms reach, well that's the plan anyway.

So now it's time to start answering all those PM's and emails. :bigeek:

Our Yoshikane SLD petty is waiting for your PM ... patiently :D

May the force be with you going thorough all those emails and PMs :)

Belt sharpening work is flying out the door! It's great to be getting some work done finally.

Thanks to my loyal customers for sticking with me. :thumbsup:

FYI - The turnaround time (currently) on sharpening work is better than it's been in years. Please feel free to take advantage of this. :D

So does that mean it's time for me to send in my 25 piece ginsu set and 5 moritakas previously worked over from Ken to be freshened up?

How about a quantity discount?

You can't please them all...but if you can please the majority of customers that have waited so long things will be alright.

I'm hoping to make good to those who have waited so long.

55224927.jpg

Anything coming my direction?

Not yet BUT real soon I promise. I just have to sell a few to pay some bills and keep the lights on but I can't wait to get rolling on all the long term (very patient) waiters - you guys are my #1 priority!

Totally understand Dave.

Just seeing whether I should get ready to camp out by the mailbox for some new sharp pieces of metal on a stick.

Where do we go from here....hmmmm....how bout start workin faster!!!!!!....ryan

Back