White #2 vs Blue #2

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, retention (all other factors being equal) would go white>blue>blue super.

If > means greater I think the direction goes the other way. Aogami super is alloyed steel that has vanadium and wolfram added which IIRC increase the retention of the edge as a general rule.

If > means greater I think the direction goes the other way. Aogami super is alloyed steel that has vanadium and wolfram added which IIRC increase the retention of the edge as a general rule.

Sorry, didn't mean greater than, meant least to longest retention.

From my taping days > just meant goes into (chinacat>rider:)).still like the way it looks and never consider that people take it as less than or greater than...guess it's been too long since I've taken a math class.

Have both the blue(Takeda Nakiri) and the white(Teryasu Fujiwara Nashiji + Carter Muteki paring). At first glance, the blue seems more reactive. I really haven't had the blue long enough to discern which holds an edge longer so I would just be blowing smoke if I gave an opinion.

So what's the difference between white#1 and white#2?

Say three different gyutos, same maker, size, and geometry. One in white#1, one in white#2, and the third in blue#2. Would I see any difference in performance between the three of them?

I've been lusting after a Konosuke Fujiyama 240mm gyuto so this isn't merely theoretical. Blue#2 and white#1 cost more than white#2. Is the extra cost justified?

The honest answer is that it truly depends on who made the knife. Salt and Pepper is a universal spice but nobody can agree on what is the best way to apply those seasoning.

White or blue? It really depends on the maker.

Back