Who here are lefties?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the info zwiefel. being a catholic (non-practicing) in a very catholic country i actually find that a fun detail. and a complement. lol.

if i had kids i'd want at least one of them be a lefty. not by forcing them to be though. lol.

I remember an old relative of mine who fought in WW2 telling me he was born left handed but because ambidextrous because he was forced to use his right hand for everything when he was at school

interesting as to see how society forces its will on people. it's like peer pressure for society.

Lol Son.

I'm pretty surprised, I thought the numbers would be lower.

Another lefty here! Never learned to play to the guitar as I couldn't find someone to teach a lefty.

hey capid1, didn't know that you were a lefty.

+1. All my guitars are righty.

another reason why i never learned guitar since I was a lefty. not that i could ever play a tune on anything. lol. I'm musically declined. lol.

they do make pretty good bang for the buck guitars here in my country. there's a province in my country that's renowned for their handmade guitars. there's Places in Cebu and Dumaguete that makes them that's pretty known for them.

In the middle ages, it was considered a sign of being in league with satan (or something of that flavor). In fact, the Latin root for "left-handed" and "sinister/evil" are the same. And the root for "right-handed" and "dextrous/skilled" are the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinistral_and_dextral

People would be harassed and discriminated against for being left-handed. Not at all surprised this is still going on in a lot of places.

Interesting,seems alot of things took the rap in middle ages in the name of religion.Some cultures worshiped cats,other's burned them alive,of course Bloody Mary burned a few hundred protestants,before Elizabeth took the throne.

I am mostly Right handed,but I shoot a gun left,pool cue,& eat left figure that out.

I'm a lefty, though the nuns tried their best to convert me. When repeatedly removing the pencil from my left hand and putting it in my right didn't work, they left me to figure it out on my own. To this day I still hold a pen in a "unique" fashion.

There are only two things I cannot do left handed: use scissors and shoot a pistol (though I shoot a rifle left handed - how's that for bizarre?).

all us lefties are confused with our handedness i'm afraid.

Back