Who Voted

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I voted -- but on special initiatives only. No candidates. All in all, registering to vote at the station and filling out my 3 bubbles took less than 5 minutes.

k.

You can register and vote at the same time? That's pretty cool.

I voted for a candidate months ago, at a precinct convention.

voted this afternoon after work. small line, it took about 15-20 minutes

All voting by mail in wash state. Dropped mine into a ballot box today.

Voted early this afternoon. Twenty eight minutes.

I voted no wait

did anyone see where Roseann Barr was on the ballot, god help us.

Just filled out my ballot on the way home from the office. There were a few people there doing the same, but I didn't have to wait in line. I had my votes on a little Excel sheet, and just filled in the bubbles (we still vote with paper/ink) as quickly as possible; took less than ten minutes.

Just as a flashback. in 2008 I was registered and had ballots in three different states. I did it simply because I used to work anti-fraud in elections and could do it. I only voted once though :)

k.

Tried to vote at 6am, but the line was 30 min long, so I went to class instead. After school, I came back and the line was 90 minutes :(

Placed my votes.

My polling place was 2 blocks away and totally accessable by bicycle :p

Not liking how the food issues are going...

I voted, for all the good it did me, as did my wife. It's important to exercise that right, even if you know you are going to be on the loosing end.

couldnt agree more... doesnt matter what side you are/were on... its about taking a stand for your beliefs. At the end of the day, we all have to figure out a way to work together and get along anyways.

Cheers to all of us to took a part in the year's election.

I would've voted - what with all the attention this sort of thing receives. Still, there's some stipulation about having to be a US citizen that held me back. Would not have made a difference internationally, though, as according to a BBC poll there's only one country that might have disagreed with the US electorate. Guess where.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20008687

_63592042_worldservicepoll_464_obama_embargoed23102012.gif

Voting is a duty I always perform, though I am not always happy about the alternatives.

Now if only you guys in Florida could figure out how to count...:wink:

Actually, we're still counting to figure out who our governor is in Washington. But since marijuana is now legal, no one cares.

I would've voted - what with all the attention this sort of thing receives. Still, there's some stipulation about having to be a US citizen that held me back. Would not have made a difference internationally, though, as according to a BBC poll there's only one country that might have disagreed with the US electorate. Guess where.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20008687

That is an interesting graph! Obama lost his father's homeland, and Romney won the country his party would undoubtedly colonize next! How bizarre!

Thanks for that.

Oh what the hell. I was reading the first graph wrong. Geez Romney did really poorly. Good gravy.

Am I missing something? I thought Obama's father was from Kenya and it looks like a strong Obama showing there.

k.

That's my understanding as well...though Obama obviously carried Kenya, it was also the most pro-Romney country.

It looks like Kenya was one place where most people pretty much had an opinion as the top three countries get closer to adding up to 100%. The Pakistan numbers add up to just over 20%, so I am guessing most people didn't give a crap or even know who both candidates were. Kenya looks as if it had the highest response of any country, which makes sense and probably accounts for the higher Romney figures.

k.

The countries at the top of the graph definitely have more people who express preferences, either way - well, particularly for Obama. I'd bet in Pakistan down at the bottom people are still pretty aware of the election and both candidates, but might not express a preference because of a feeling that either candidate would amount to the same for them - in a negative way, I think, as anti-US feelings are supposed to be quite high. Still, yes, Pakistan is the one country which would have elected Romney. Everywhere else wants Obama.

Who gives a crap what garbage the BBC churns out. Where's their supporting documentation?

Well, the BBC has been a large and trusted news organisation for decades. Hard to do better than them, really. And as the graphic says: 'Source BBC/GlobalScan/PIPA'. GlobalScan is a Canadian polling organisation, and PIPA is the Program on International Policy Attitudes based in the States, from what I see after a quick check.

Most "large and trusted news organisations" are far from objective. They all have an agenda.

Where's your supporting documentation of this? :razz:

But seriously, what was the point in demanding sources only to disregard them once provided? Were you actually interested in how the BBC got the data, and did you check the sources you requested? Just curious. Can't tell if you actually doubt the veracity of the data, or simply dispute its interpretive significance.

Back