Who will win the world cup?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol this is over, 5-0 and more than 2/3 of the game to go...

I am totally perplexed, in a positive way, of course...

Stefan

I walked away for but a few moments to return to 5-0 and was blown away.

7-1 in the end. Lots of momentum amd morale for Germany going into the final.

7-1 in the end. Lots of momentum amd morale for Germany going into the final.

crazy, how Brazil was affected by losing 2 players, seems like once they gave up the first goal, they lost all interest?

I have always thought Germany was over rated, I do have German heritage, my last name is German, but I have dutch heritage as well and I like the Netherlands team much more

It's going to be hard to stop the the confidence of the germans going into the final; like a freight train which can't stop for the other team and the "fear"

Wait, I fell asleep before kick off... what happened?

Wow, i knew this german team was better than this brazilian team, but 7-1? I guess this can be good to make people in Brazil to finally change the way our team is thinking the game for the last years.

Wait, I fell asleep before kick off... what happened?

all you need to know is that Germany killed Brazil, it was embarrassing beyond belief 7-1

Oh, oh, I know. Was joking of course, and watched every moment.

Brazil have been nasty for a while: physicality and fouling. I had to laugh that the day before Mourinho predicted they'd win the tournament, and wouldn't the current Brazil's style suit Mr Moan. It's a good thing for Brazilian football that they lost. Time for a re-think. What happened to technique and imagination? It's been a while since Brazil showcased that.

Wow, i knew this german team was better than this brazilian team, but 7-1? I guess this can be good to make people in Brazil to finally change the way our team is thinking the game for the last years.

Absolutely.

And CoqaVin - your inbox has been full for several days.

Time for that fat old guy go say goodbye to football, I really cant stand Scolari.

ahhh crap my bad, let me clear that now, Sorry Asteger, I didn't even realize, I hate that

All they have is Neymar, and without him they are a crap team

There you have it: Germany. They were the best team, individually and collectively, so a just end.

O It's a good thing for Brazilian football that they lost. Time for a re-think. What happened to technique and imagination? It's been a while since Brazil showcased that.

Very well said. I've been a Brazil fan since 1994 when the cup was in the U.S. Brazil is what made me love football......not so much this year!
Congrats to Germany and that German/Hawaiian handle guy. That goal was so great.

Not sure if you know, but actually that 1994 team is also regarded more as a pragmatic and not a classic Brazil side, though they did have Romario and Bebeto. The image of the team has been at odds with reality for a while now. Usually, the talk about jogo bonito goes back earlier, especially to 1970.

Yippiiee! Nice, I had not expected that. But I have to say, from the games I saw, I would not know a team that deserved it more. Argentina won every game just barely, Brazil certainly had a terrible day against Germany, and most of the other big ones were out after the group rounds. Maybe the Netherlands, that would have been an interesting final game also. Anyway, I had 2 beers early in the day and no I am too tired for woodworking...

Stefan

Congrats, Stefan!

Yes, a final against Germany would have been a good one, though I fear still a loss for Holland. The semis were decided on penalties, and seeing how Messi & Aguero were just standing around (tired, injured) yesterday, I have to think that Robben et all would have given you a lot more trouble.

First of all, sorry for not replying sooner. Was on vacation for a week fishing with no internet connection.
Congratulations, Stefan and Matus for a deserved win!
Regarding "jogo bonito", the brazilian team that i've seen playing that no one here denies was superb was the team of 1982, although it didn't win the world cup. Of course the team of 1970 had it too and ended up winning the world cup.
The team of 1994 had a strong defensive system but lost those talented midfielders Brazil used to have in order to control the match. It did win the world cup, but it kind of left the impression that a strong defensive system is everything, and it's not. Romario and Bebeto were exceptional. Dunga that later was coach in 2010 was very cohesive in that team. That and some luck was enough to win it in the penalties.

Back