Why so japanocentric?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a look:

http://www.edenwebshops.co.uk/en/ct/robert-herder-knives.htm

please be aware you might be entitled to VAT restitution if you live outside Europe.
I've had a Robert Herder nakiri knife a while back for testing. It was stainless steel, not carbon, but overall I wasn't impressed neither by its performance, nor by craftsmanship. The only thing it had going for it was unusually thin blade for a western kitchen knife, that was it. So, yeah, compared to let's say Watanabe standard kuro uchi nakiri is is a poor value.

Outside of the European Union you mean:)
There is a difference you know!
Thanks for telling me what I meant. First you tell me what I meant and then you tell me there is a difference. Where I wrote Europe I meant Europe.
I did not mean outside of the Union.
I believe the situation with non-Union Europeans with national VAT is not very simple and I prefer to stay far away from regulations I don't know.

Snip..

Where I wrote Europe I meant Europe.
I did not mean outside of the Union.

Alrighty then!

No biggie, I just sometimes like to point out that there is a difference between Europe and the European Union.
Most of the time it is the non-Europeans who struggle with the distinction though;)

Back