• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Will Newham Western gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one pictured above is by far my favorite of his. I had it in my cart, paused to think about it, got distracted by the kidos, came back around 10 minutes later and it was sold out. Guess it wasn’t meant to be this time around. Who ever snagged it, congrats to you.

Last edited:
goodluck I’m not selling mine but I have been very surprised I didn’t see more interest around these parts

Newham 225mm Honyaki Spicy White (2021 09 11).JPG

Marc4pt0, you and I love Kamon. I’m not familiar with newham, what do you like about it and how does it compare since we have similar tastes?

I'll try to keep this short so as not to deter too much from the original thread here.

I had been enjoying his IG feed for a little while, and was tempted to try one of his knives. It was @Brian Weekley that had shared his Newham experience with me. So temptation lead into action. Will is a darn gentleman, and he makes a mean knife. Just looking at his f&f, and his eye for western handle design was enough for me. Performance matches the looks as well. So his recipe is working. I'm glad to see his work is getting noticed by more folks.

Credit where credits due. … I keyed into Will’s knives from a “New Knives”post from @kevpenbanc back in 2019. I ordered one of Newham’s knives and was blown away by the quality of his work and ridiculously reasonable price. Since then I’ve picked up three more of his knives and in every case his work is remarkable and evolving … and still ridiculously reasonably priced. To you in the USA the exchange rate advantage you enjoy means you are purchasing world class knives at prices which are basically theft.

Check out Will’s saya’s. I don’t think I’m wrong in saying that nobody makes an equivalent product. Ditto for Wills handles … as good as they get.

In my recent “fifty for one” sale I sold 25 A+ knives from top makers. None were Newham’s. My bet is that Will’s knives move north of 1K before New Years.

Credit where credits due. … I keyed into Will’s knives from a “New Knives”post from @kevpenbanc back in 2019. I ordered one of Newham’s knives and was blown away by the quality of his work and ridiculously reasonable price. Since then I’ve picked up three more of his knives and in every case his work is remarkable and evolving … and still ridiculously reasonably priced. To you in the USA the exchange rate advantage you enjoy means you are purchasing world class knives at prices which are basically theft.

Check out Will’s saya’s. I don’t think I’m wrong in saying that nobody makes an equivalent product. Ditto for Wills handles … as good as they get.

In my recent “fifty for one” sale I sold 25 A+ knives from top makers. None were Newham’s. My bet is that Will’s knives move north of 1K before New Years.

Wouldn't doubt it based on that gem I just ordered. Almost as excited about the Saya as I am the knife!😂

Back