• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Wolfram special edc fixed blades

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blank Blades.

Blank Blank.
KKF Supporting Craftsman
Reaction score
I have a couple wolfram special fixed blades I made

Both are differentially hardened, the harmon is a bit more subtle on one than the other, both are fairly highly polished. Show the banding in the steel, though without much contrast.

Here is one
20240430_181159.jpg
20240430_181206.jpg
20240430_181143.jpg
20240430_181149.jpg
20240430_181214.jpg
20240430_181323.jpg
20240430_180937.jpg
20240430_180944.jpg

I will post pics of the other in the next post.

The handles are vintage canvas micarta, brass pins, white g10 liners.

Leather sheaths made for pocket carry. One has a bit tighter retention than the other. The tighter one will loosen a bit with time. They use ulticlips to hold them onto the pocket. They can be used on the belt still if needed.

Asking price $350

More serious question - how does wolfram compare to 80crv2 for an EDC?
It won't be as tough, but I grind my edc stuff for actual edc use, and not so much for outdoor type stuff where it will be taking hard impacts and that might matter.

Wolfram special is similar to aogami 1.

Its basically v-tolu1 which is close to aogami 1 but the composition is adjusted a bit to have a better carbon balance.

I dont know about Wolfram in an edc/HRC but I can say in a kitchen knife I am super impressed. It might be my current favorite, even though it may not make sense it holds an edge for a long time and is very easy to sharpen.

I dont know about Wolfram in an edc/HRC but I can say in a kitchen knife I am super impressed. It might be my current favorite, even though it may not make sense it holds an edge for a long time and is very easy to sharpen.
It might be a bit controversial of an opinion, but I don't think most steels will be dramatically different in how well the work in an edc is a kitchen knife.

The hrc I will need to double check my notes but I think around 64 I'm pretty sure for these.

And I agree, in my experience so far with wolfram special. I ended up keeping a kitchen knife I made in it because of a failure in the cladding. It surprised me how well it holds an edge. Seems to sharpen nicely also.

I have a couple wolfram special fixed blades I made

Both are differentially hardened, the harmon is a bit more subtle on one than the other, both are fairly highly polished. Show the banding in the steel, though without much contrast.

Here is oneView attachment 318868View attachment 318869View attachment 318870View attachment 318871View attachment 318872View attachment 318873View attachment 318874View attachment 318875

I will post pics of the other in the next post.
This one sold. Just the other one left

Back