Wood Vendors!, links, latest pickups...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooooh Mike I really like that stuff. The redwood is really nice looking and the piece below it with the contrasting corners might be my favorite. :drool: I'll have to check out It's a burl

ooooh Mike I really like that stuff. The redwood is really nice looking and the piece below it with the contrasting corners might be my favorite. :drool: I'll have to check out It's a burl

I have bought some redwood burl and buckeye burl from It's a Burl. Both pieces were really nice.

Mark is a top notch guy to deal with and his wood is amazing also! Will probably do all of my business with him from now on.

I just got back from the site, and I betcha he'll get some business from me at some point. I'm gonna pretend I'm mad at you guys now though :razz:

Mark is a top notch guy to deal with and his wood is amazing also! Will probably do all of my business with him from now on.

Next time you talk to him you should tell him to stop by the forum and say hello.

I think I have seen his woods on bladeforum - or on the penturners' forum? Good stuff. The way things are going here, maybe I just should take pictures of my wood pieces, you guys seem easily excitable ;)

Stefan

The way things are going here, maybe I just should take pictures of my wood pieces, you guys seem easily excitable ;)

Stefan
Ummm....Your wood might...excite me? So....yeah...uhhh...LOL! I saw a post of your wood shelf! Nice stuff man! Should have some exciting new pictures this sunday after we get the logs all cut up. Cutting the burls up into 2" thick slabs...Might have to do scale sized pieces with a few of the smaller ones. I will post pics for sure

Has anyone ever used alpha knife supply for stabilized wood? If so, how was it?

Finally got to get the Honey Locust burl cut up....Got a few really nice pieces...Ok i got quite a lot :)
2011-06-12_13-12-04_120.jpg

2011-06-12_11-35-30_442.jpg

Few teaser pictures. Will post more after this weekend when i get it all cut up.

Has anyone ever used alpha knife supply for stabilized wood? If so, how was it?

their stabilized wood is very nice. Chuck send his wood to WSSI. unlike Craig Steven, Chuck always polished his block/scales that might give you a better idea about the finishing of the wood.

Damn that looks awesome! I want a block!

their stabilized wood is very nice. Chuck send his wood to WSSI. unlike Craig Steven, Chuck always polished his block/scales that might give you a better idea about the finishing of the wood.

If you wet Craig's blocks when you get them, they give you a better idea of what they look like finished. He wets them for the photos.

yes i agree with that, i also wet the wood from Craig just to see the detail of the wood. i just think it's worth to mention that AKS went a step further even though in the end you will sand and polish the wood again. Btw, i also lost the bid on the diamond willow burl. i noticed you got that nice dyed green block, i saw and it caught my attention too. this is the block that i got from him, i didn't wet it though :)http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff413/Rhyoo/P1010478.jpg

I would love to get some of Craig's crazy dyed stuff. Maybe i will just some of my stuff our for some crazy dyeing. It is looking like i will get around 75-100 good blocks out of this haul. Maple tree goes in next, and that is covered also :) I think some dyed stuff is in the future

Hey Mike,
That locust burl is no good. :shocked3:
I am willing to help you out a bit.
I will send you some prepaid shipping labels and you can send it out this way. That way you won't have to pay dump fees or anything.

Hey Mike,
That locust burl is no good. :shocked3:
I am willing to help you out a bit.
I will send you some prepaid shipping labels and you can send it out this way. That way you won't have to pay dump fees or anything.

HAHAHA!! Nice Mark! I will get you a few blocks of this stuff! I think you might like it. Has a really nice look to it. We shall see what becomes of the rest.

Oh boy howdy, I wouldn't mind a little scrap of that myself!!

I will get some blocks cut this weekend and get them sanded and see what you guys think :) Will post pics Saturday night

Back