• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Kato Kurouchi Nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for both a 165mm and a 180mm size.

As most here know by now, I'm a bit of a Nakiri nut. Have the Toyama in both sizes as well at the Watanabe in the 165 (I'm getting the 180 soon!!!) and really want to round out my workhorse collection with a few Kato's.

Since they are apparently only used by housewives to make tuna salad, there should be limited need for them among the more serious cooks here :thumbsup:.

So please help me lighten your knife drawer and send these to a good home where I promise you, the will do more than collect dust.

If needed, I have a few semi interesting knives I may be open to trade discussions, but as I'm kinda loving everything I have right now that will be a tough discussion.

Cheers and thanks for looking!

and good luck with the search, I would love one of those too. I can cosplay if need be...

IMG_3632_zpsxyklnljg.jpg
IMG_3635_zpsxh1we601.jpg
IMG_3634_zpsxuk8osef.jpg

Chip in the heel and lightly used at home, 180 mm asking $220

Last edited:
Capt, Our resident Nakiri K-Nerd, you'll have to post your thoughts in a Nakiri shoot-out. I'm putting my $ on the Kato 180 Ku, but I've not handled the Sinichi's Niki's. If its like mine, expect the K to look like it came out of meat grinder.

Performance wise, expect the Shig to come in third.

The 180 K KU sample I brought to the 2017 ECG this year was a stand-out, if I do say so myself.

Mucho Bocho - I have always wanted to compare a Toyama, Watanabe, Shigefusa, and Kato of the same size side by side. :O

I'm actually surprised no one brought any of Shinichi's Nakiri's to the ECG?

ok, the Shig 180 is now in the hands of theCaptain. I can't wait to see the results of the shootout!!

Latest posts

Back