WTB: kitchen clogs

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a pretty heavy walker on my feet, and to put it mildly "im all over the place" lol, First I was wearing Crocs and the first pair lost its treads and just glued it back on, so I recieved another pair at Christmas time, after a month the same thing happened, so I decided to go to a molded tread in the Birki, they have a break in time for sure, not as bad the second time, since i did replace the cork bed once, and once they mold to your feet they are awesome, but they are kind of like clonkers? is that the right word?
I was wondering if anyone has tried the new Mozo shoes? http://www.zappos.com/mozo-the-maverick-canvas-black there are a bunch but something like these

I am a pretty heavy walker on my feet, and to put it mildly "im all over the place" lol, First I was wearing Crocs and the first pair lost its treads and just glued it back on, so I recieved another pair at Christmas time, after a month the same thing happened, so I decided to go to a molded tread in the Birki, they have a break in time for sure, not as bad the second time, since i did replace the cork bed once, and once they mold to your feet they are awesome, but they are kind of like clonkers? is that the right word?
I was wondering if anyone has tried the new Mozo shoes? http://www.zappos.com/mozo-the-maverick-canvas-black there are a bunch but something like these

Those look nice! Mozo sharks are gaining legendary status in my area, and they are really comfy. Next time I need a pair of work shoes Ill definitely look into that canvas line. Take a chance on them and let us know how they work out.

I think I might, when I get the funds of course, Ill have to give it a whirl, heard they are quite grippy, just not into the clunkyness? is that a word? of Birkis or clog type shoes anymore

My Bistro Crocs are kind of done now and I have bought a pair of Crocs Work Hover to replace them. I understand labor of love had a pair and they didn't work out so well but I loved my Bistro Crocs and I wanted something a little less clunky

No heels. My back would be killing me in a day. I think I'm just buying a pair of Sanitas from overstock.com or someplace else that sells seconds every year until I quit working in kitchens. Nothing I've tried works as well. The vans remind me of the "chef jeans". Great for incestuous copulators that don't work very hard.

No heels. My back would be killing me in a day. I think I'm just buying a pair of Sanitas from overstock.com or someplace else that sells seconds every year until I quit working in kitchens. Nothing I've tried works as well. The vans remind me of the "chef jeans". Great for incestuous copulators that don't work very hard.

Are you refering to Sanitas clogs or do they make non slip shoes also? Im interested in the Vans because theyre pretty light weight comparatively...but the price just seems steep for what they are.

well for every lover there is a hater... i realize this is a kitchen clog thread and i dislike clogs unless im not in the kitchen likewise my favorite clog is a halflinger but i gotta admit sanitas imo are not comfortable. haha i could go on about the style and its lack for fitting me or comforting me. i think there are so many variables... like how old are you... how much do you weigh per body size... most important how do you like to move on your feet and how do you walk/stand or further what shape did your feet end up... anywho my point its all rather particular and santinas imo arent that non-slip but again this depends how you move in general and my other problem santias are so rigid its like wearing dress shoes that are high heels to me.
anywho to hopefully give more value to this post i currently own/wear the leather? version of the mozo and i think they are okay... over priced in that i have owned past mozos and thought the shoe was just better made and likewise i managed to spill bleach on this current pair that caused the "leather" or finish to blister so the shoes look like ****. my feeling is the "leather" is just cheap cause i have owned plently of leather shoes and used the same sealer and never had this issue.(btw i miss the old keen shoe salty used to wear and sad i didnt buy more) anywho i think the canvas mozo are the way to go. i will say the mozo is the most non-slip shoe i have worn.... i think their old design was better which oddly is the one they still use on the sharks not sure if the sole is the same material but that design is the most non-slip/easy so clean design its odd they changed. obviously mozo got some feedback right but likewise the company is moving in ways that have nothing to do with things i need nor care about. perhaps the sharks are the best they can do. anywho i like laces so i most likely will not try those vans and likewise you wont catch me in the sharks so to each their own.

diough I took the plunge and am trying to the mozo's, I got the leather b/c I was thinking they would be easier to clean? why do you suggest the canvas? it seems they would be harder to clean no?

Back