• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Kato Workhorse 240 guyto and Konosuke Fujiyama 180 petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linecooklife

Reaction score
For sale:

Kato workhorse 240 gyuto
Knife has seen a few weeks in the kitchen sharpened twice on high grit stones. Has patina that I can remove if buyer would like. Also comes with a lovely snug friction fit saya. I tried to use this knife but I just can't get off lazers. Knife is a great cutter and in good shape. Asking $475 shipped conus

Konosuke blue #2 Fujiyama 180 petty.
Bought this one off here with no handle, sent it to Jon at JKI for a handle. Got ho octagon handle with blond buffalo ferrule. Jon talked to me at the time I was getting the handle and said he had one that would fit the petty but it had an irregular ferrule with a small gap that had been filled with epoxy. I tried to show gap in photo I find it barely noticeable. Knife was used for one or two days in the kitchen after I got it and sharpened on high grit once. I just don't use small knives. This thing is nimble and sharp and the tip is deadly needs a good home
Asking $225 shipped conus

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125253925@N03/shares/wms5MX

That used to be mine. That's actually the best saya I have ever made. I don't overly miss the knife, but I wish I still had the saya!

That used to be mine. That's actually the best saya I have ever made. I don't overly miss the knife, but I wish I still had the saya!

Again, I came late to this party. Dardeau - If you don't mind my asking, why don't you overly miss the knife?

It just didn't make the impression that other knives have. There isn't a lot I liked about the Kato more than my KS other than weight and edge retention.

Linecooklife, please check your inbox. I've sent you a couple messages following up on shipping of the petty. If you're having trouble with PMs on here then please send me an email, uffsphone @ gmail.com

Thank you

Back