• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD /WTT Heiji Swedish Carbon 270

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This knife is one of the best all around cutters in my collection. And I have done some cool handle/saya work on it, so it hurts a bit to part with it. I am just using SS or stainless clad knives at work, and a knife this size is overkill on my tiny home board. It yearns to be set free!

Length 274mm
Height 53.5
Weight 260
Thickness out of the handle 4mm

This is defintely the thinnest example of Heiji that I have ever handled. And the thinnest by far of the 3 Heijis I presently own. It also looks as if the shoulders might have been skillfully eased by the previous owner. I experienced no wedging in tall onions, and it very smootly glides through thick carrots. It also delivers the expected Heiji food release. (I am talking myself into not selling it)

I replaced the stock handle with one that I fashioned from stabilized cherry burl, with redgum and copper spacers. The handle added 22 grams to the weight of the knife and moved the balance point back to a place that fit my grip more appropriately (see picture) The saya is made from cherry, with an inlay of the handle material splashed across one side.

Looking to sell for $335 which includes shipping in ConUS. Also will entertain trade offers for interesting 240ish gyutos. Willing to kick in some cash for higher value trades

20220531_080426_HDR.jpg
20220531_080521_HDR.jpg
20220531_080537_HDR.jpg
20220531_080614_Burst01.jpg
20220531_080654_HDR.jpg
20220531_080759_HDR.jpg

@birdsfan handle and saya work are exceptional. Some serious value added here to an already cool knife. GLWS!

I put powdered tide on the blade, and just rub and wash is off. This forms a thin layer that prevents oxygen from reacting with iron. I also use or rub beeswax on the iron, and sometime I've tried spraying a coating in the blade itself, and many blades from Japan have some sort of vinyl coating on them that is somewhat durable. So that's what lets me use more reactive blades, I just have to do that maintenance.

Last edited:
Thanks I was curious too!

PM'd and paid

I'm excited for my first big knife!
Congratulations. i just got my heiji 300mm suji. Mine is a fat bastard. but hell yeah im excited

Attachments

• heiji.jpeg
    heiji.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 0
I put powdered tide on the blade, and just rub and wash is off. This forms a thin layer that prevents oxygen from reacting with iron. I also use or rub beeswax on the iron, and sometime I've tried spraying a coating in the blade itself, and many blades from Japan have some sort of vinyl coating on them that is somewhat durable. So that's what lets me use more reactive blades, I just have to do that maintenance.
Ahh, very nice, i will try

Back