Yamawaku Nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On it's way to VoodooMajik. Sent a few pics to TK that he requested. Nice little knife. Can't go wrong for the price. I don't think it's really my style, but it could just be I am not a Nakiri guy. I feel like echerub in his above comments, but I appreciate the chance to try it out.

I've got the knife, Lovely handle, I really like forge scale finishes. Killer edge. Now I've just got to use it

I mighta got carried away, ha ha. The edge on the nakiri is very much a treat. I ended up demoing 2 cases of fingerlings, a case of cucumber, half a case of tomato, half a case of peppers, dozen bulbs of anise, bunch of carrots, and a dozen red onion along with a few other things. cut everything like soft butter, just lovely. I didn't try any butternut but everything I did cut it simply fell through. Shaving the red onion and Anise, I didn't notice much if any reaction. Pretty sweet looking knife, I enjoy forge scale finishes, the handle looks very nice. Thank you very much for including me in the pass around!! I'm going to retire it until Tuesday when I'm off and can ship it out.

Ok next question that has been asked to all, would u buy one?

For under $100? I would certainly consider it when I need/want a new nakiri.

I can't say anything bad about the knife or the price. I doubt I would buy one. It could however just be my taste in knives which is unfair towards the Nakiri. I love gyutos. I love my Sakai. I can't wait for my Rodrigue. I really liked the feel of TK's Devin Thomas at the west coast get together. With my kanisaki deba,270mm gyuto and a tojiro itk bread knife I have been able to do whatever I want. I will probably sell a lot of the knives I originally bought.

I am still waiting for a forwarding address to Lefty's friend. Has anyone been in contact with him?

I'm at a wedding, and yes, checking here and my site, etc (damned addictions!).
Pm sent. Thanks and sorry :)

I haven't checked this thread in a little while, did you mean me Voodoo?

Scott, yes! I wasn't sure if you were around anymore/needed it! Haha
If you do, send him your addy, otherwise we can PIF it to someone else. I know you picked up some great knives, so it's your call :)

Hey! I still got 'er here. Shoot me a PM and I'll get it shipped off asap. (Likely thursday, I'll be in town to finish off half my sleeve, so I'll actually be near a post office. ha ha)

Been hard havin her here and not putting it through to much of a work out, but I wanted to preserve the edge for the recipient.

I'll send you my info right away Voodoo, I'm so excited to use this knife again! My house has been crazy for the last few months with longer days at work and even longer days preparing for our new baby coming at the end of December.

Back