• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Yoshiaki Fujiwara Kato Workhorse 240mm w. Custom Handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DamageInc

Idiot
Reaction score
For sale is my custom handled 240mm Kato workhorse.

I really hate to let it go, but I need to fund other ventures.

Heel to spine height: 51,5mm
Length: 245,5mm
Total Length: 411mm
Spine thickness right above choil: 4,5mm
Spine thickness out of handle: 5mm
Spine 2 cm from tip: 1,2mm

Weight: 290 gram

Balance point is on pinch grip index finger.

Full disclosure:
This knife was shipped to Greg (wabocho) in the UK for rehandling. The handle is stabilized walnut burl, silver spacer, and buffalo horn ferrule. Beautiful work.
During shipping back to me, the knife was bent due to mishandling by Royal Mail. The knife was subsequently fixed by myself and Maksim from JNS did final adjustments. There are no traces of this bending apart from two small shallow dents on the face of the blade. These have no effect on anything apart from perhaps minuscule aesthetics.

Other than that, the knife has been very slightly thinned once (only with 4k & 6k stones) just so I could see the finish difference.

There is a solid patina on the blade but I can remove this if requested. But the knife takes patina fast, so expect it to come back soon with use.

I'm asking 950 USD + shipping. I'd prefer to ship within the EU to avoid any customs headaches, but that's ultimately up to the buyer. Send a PM if interested. No trades please.

Payment accepted via local pickup/cash, Paypal, or Bank Transfer.

3053ab82e5cf9f6f1fa9.png

c183f1769602109787d8.png

9dea007b357df2f85972.png

(just a hair on the choil, not a scratch)

ca552148ffaf048c819a.png

11a761ba7cf517e369a1.png

The two dents, 2 cm below kanji on the left side of the blade.

5de3b580e28ace685575.png

Other than custom handle is this different to a regular workhorse Kato?

Now that you mention it, yes. It was the star of a famous youtube video.
[video=youtube;-FMAS29zSpE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FMAS29zSpE[/video]

That's a nice looking Kato with the custom handle. I imagine since you're in the EU that any buyers wouldn't have to worry about VAT since it was already paid at the time of purchase? I remember when I sold my 240 Kato with custom handle it was priced about the same, so hopefully yours will find a good home soon. GLWS.

FWIW, If you guys think 240 is 'too much' knife for home use, I'd think twice about this knife - based on personal experience as a home cook with limited space.

If anyone has the budget and is in the market for a Kato, go for this knife. Honestly, nothing compares to this, NOTHING.

The custom handle also makes a difference. When I was getting mine with a custom handle, it didn't look like much in the photos.But when it arrived, my jaw was on the floor. Dare I say the handle on this is even more beautiful than mine.

I don't know why this is on sale but whoever buys this is going to be an extremely happy bunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back