Yoshikane SKD ?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link gavination, I will make a saja, just need some appropriate timber.

I am happy with my decision, I assume like other expensive hobbies it won't be my only purchase :biggrin:

Thanks again for everyones input, I am a novice so it has been appreciated.

Thanks for the link gavination, I will make a saja, just need some appropriate timber.

I am happy with my decision, I assume like other expensive hobbies it won't be my only purchase :biggrin:

Thanks again for everyones input, I am a novice so it has been appreciated.

There are a good number of tutorials as well as people's experiences making sayas on and off the forum so you should be able to find different opinions on various steps to help answer your questions and find ways to solve a problem should you run into it. Plus, the community is pretty good about helping especially with projects like these. :)

Glad to hear you're lovin the yoshi turbo. She was a great knife

OK back from holidays and the SKD was here waiting, excellent service from EE, it really is a lovely knife in the flesh.

I have started to practise sharpening on our old Global knives with a King 1000/6000 stone, very similar to sharpening chisels TBH although a little harder to hold the angle, I have cut 2 templates, one a 13deg and one at 15, assume 13 is OK just not as durable ? results are ALOT better than the old global sharpener, slices paper like a razor now, by the time the Yoshikane is losing it's edge I will be on top of it.

Back