You ever walk off a Job?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, Different job?

same job, he called me back and apologized, because im going back to school in three weeks I said yes i'd come back( I refuse to f someone over by taking a job and peacing after 2 weeks) on the plus side I start a new job in august and start at suncor in october... was just a little annoyed that two days after I gave official notice he let me go, I was like your an ******* and walked out the front door with a smile.

January 2 2017. First day of the year we are open. I am head chef at this really fun VEGAN restaurant which is an absolute **** show any time I’m gone for more than an hour. I took a week off prior to this. Its snowing outside and I just rode my electric fat bike to work through the snow two hours before I’m theoretically supposed to start.
I knew it was going to be a bad day, but it was a really bad day. I taste the soup in the walk in- burnt (nobody left a note), so I make two new soups of the day. I go to review the stations- half empty, ok no problem, bang out all prep by the time I’m supposed to come in at. Make n bake some cookies, etc etc. We open at 10am. Support was supposed to show up at 8am. 945am the owner and her daughter come in with excuses why they’re so late and asking me to fire a few pizzas right away because someone called them in to the owners phone(they are also employees and the support I was waiting for for 1.75 hours). This isn’t the first time, and the coffee and other substances have got me going pretty good by now. After being asked to make the pizzas I say OK, take the ticket, crumple it up, and throw it in the trash, and tell them to have a good day. Jumped on my fat tire ebike and went smashing through the snow dunes for the next few hours.

I wasn’t going to let some sappy weak sauce nepotist wannabes ruin my year by starting off on the wrong foot.

Moral of the story: if you own a restaurant and work there, make sure to show up on time and actually OWN it. Don’t waste my time and expect me to work like three men and a horse put together for pitiful pocket change so that you and you lazy kids can make morning excuses for my head.

Never returned or talked to anyone there after that day.

Back