Your Current Favorite Knife you own - Photos please

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing fancy, but I love this knife. Really needs a really good thinning to get back to what it once was, but still a joy to use. For me, it just feels better in hand than anything else I've used. Nice on the stones too.
DSC_0025.jpg

Cheers,
Josh

+1 I have the same knife, rehandled by the same guy in walnut burl, and I debated whether to post it or the Carter (see above) as my favorite. It's the one on top in the photo, although the Rader's no slouch either!

View attachment 9826

I need to see your collection some time. You may challenge me for NYC set.

I'll jump in. Brand new to the forum, but a long time gawker.

Konosuke Honyaki Wa-Gyuto 240mm

_MG_8362.jpg

I thought it was bulldog's Davis gyuto and just about lost it!
Nice knife, and welcome :)

Right now I favor two knifes.
A Shigefusa Sujihiki and a Fujiwara Kato Gyoto.
My dog ate my SD cards, so I'll add te photos a bit later;)

After some consideration, I'd have to say it's a Devin Thomas 19 cm utility/petty/sujihiki? in Devin's AEB-L feather damascus. I find myself reaching for it all the time.

file.jpg

My DT is right up there. I don't use it quite as often because the shorter knives are a little more comfortable for the food prep I do. Now if I were to order a custom DT....:groucho:

If I were to choose the knife I use most often, this would be one of two.

P1020128.jpg

After some consideration, I'd have to say it's a Devin Thomas 19 cm utility/petty/sujihiki? in Devin's AEB-L feather damascus. I find myself reaching for it all the time.

file.jpg

:doublethumbsup:best feather damascus IMO, simple but attractive!!

file.jpg

That is one awesome knife.

Ric: What type of wood is handle made out of? Is it the flamed redwood that Mark has had the past few months?

Stunning and beautifully clean, crisp damascus patterns. Great knife Rick!

Rick, does this mean that you might keep this toy -- or at least play with it a bit longer ;)

k.

I think this one may be in the "bury me with it" category. I've had it since March (birthday present) and every time I take it out of rotation, it's only a day or so before I miss it and it's back in.

The hattori fh wa 270 i got from knerd this pic is from his post
IMG_4378.jpg

Nice ! I have the fh 270 gyuto with the western handle and love it. How do you like the wa handle?

I like it, just taking some getting used to since everything else is either d shape (shun style) or western currently in my bag.

I love them all for different reasons but this has got to be "the one"

P1010002-17.jpg

Back