Media YouTube Knuckleheads

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're going to love this one. Presented is a knife skills class from a Cordon Bleu trained Chef--Elizabeth Whitt.

It starts getting good at 3:00. Check out 9:24 for her tips on taking down a Onion. Look at that sawing motion. Pretty generous portion of tips cut off too. Something tells me that **** would not fly in ThEoRy or Chuck's kitchen.

Its obvious that she doesn't use sharpening the stones. What a bute. so this this is the cutting technique that they teach at one of the worlds finese Culinary school in the world? Please, somebody save meh! ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bycgZ0PI6og

I can never make it completely through one of these videos because I'm afraid I will absorb the stupidity.

Good one Pete. I hear ya, infact I was observing some other knife demonstration videos and this one came up. By the title I though I'd learn something. But truth is the only thing I learned was that I don't want to go to the Cordon Bleu if thats what they teach their chefs.

Good one Pete. I hear ya, infact I was observing some other knife demonstration videos and this one came up. By the title I though I'd learn something. But truth is the only thing I learned was that I don't want to go to the Cordon Bleu if thats what they teach their chefs.

With big schools, even some of the most respected I suspect its like anything. Hey there is many people who graduated from the highest academic school and even became president of USA ;)

Saw Saw Saw that onion LOL

You're going to love this one. Presented is a knife skills class from a Cordon Bleu trained Chef--Elizabeth Whitt.

It starts getting good at 3:00. Check out 9:24 for her tips on taking down a Onion. Look at that sawing motion. Pretty generous portion of tips cut off too. Something tells me that **** would not fly in ThEoRy or Chuck's kitchen.

Its obvious that she doesn't use sharpening the stones. What a bute. so this this is the cutting technique that they teach at one of the worlds finese Culinary school in the world? Please, somebody save meh! ;-)

Oh dear god! There aren't enough bytes on the interwebs to begin listing everything wrong with that video. She should be embarrassed to call herself a chef. I expect my students to surpass that level of knife "skills" within the first month.
Wow, I'm flabbergasted at that bucket of fail...

some good comments that pretty much state what a bad vid. it is. At least she got him to throw away his crappy knives. To bad her good knife isn't as good as she thinks.

Oh my. That cooking with Jack show will always make me laugh. There was a time about 100 years ago up thread that I think Justin0505 posted one of his reviews of the Yoshi Blade ceramic knife. I laugh my as$ off every time I think about it. Watch from the 7 minute mark. There is other stupid sh!t before that, but it is golden when someone chips a blade and doesn't understand what's going on. What this means in reality is that...he keeps sawing a wooden spoon with a ceramic knife.

It's too funny.

[video=youtube;uQOnMVnstfE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQOnMVnstfE[/video].

I love when they try and cut non-food items, and when it cuts through in some cases they say wow that's a sharp knife!

Favourite part was when he was scared of the peeler. That's great. Don't give him a freshly sharpened knife by Dave. Finger's straight off.

Oh my. That cooking with Jack show will always make me laugh. There was a time about 100 years ago up thread that I think Justin0505 posted one of his reviews of the Yoshi Blade ceramic knife. I laugh my as$ off every time I think about it. Watch from the 7 minute mark. There is other stupid sh!t before that, but it is golden when someone chips a blade and doesn't understand what's going on. What this means in reality is that...he keeps sawing a wooden spoon with a ceramic knife.

It's too funny.

[video=youtube;uQOnMVnstfE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQOnMVnstfE[/video].

That had me rolling - too funny!!!! :lol2:

I just can't watch these Jack videos....totally bored by 3 minutes in.

Here's on for Rick (Theory) to go after... at least he's touting something other than Shun as being "the best knife". Haven't watched any of his other vids, so I know nothing of his cooking/sushi skills.

[video=youtube;W8rg71EadPQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8rg71EadPQ[/video]

Miyabi knives have good blade profiles. I'm not a fan of the D-shaped Miyabi handles. The Miyabi 600 series knives are my favorite production knife from a large company. They also have good blade geometry. I don't like the big Morimoto stamp, but the signature Morimoto 600MC with stabilized amboyna burl handles and SG-2 is a solid performer. A real pleasure to use! But the sales pitch would come better delivered by a real chef with real chops.

I hate to say it, but I'd rock one of those Birchwoods. I actually really like the SG2 steel, at least with the limited exposure I've had to it.

I like Miyabi knives, too, AFA a large scale maker goes. I don't own any though. The guy's not really a knucklehead, he's got some talent, but not enough to be in the AWESOME thread. He needs to see some of Salty's tomato vids.

On the sidebar of the 1/2 Witt knife demo I saw a short clip of Bourdain doing knife work. He had more and better info in less than 2 minutes!

Link? maybe in the awesome thread though?

On the sidebar of the 1/2 Witt knife demo I saw a short clip of Bourdain doing knife work. He had more and better info in less than 2 minutes!

Back