Media YouTube Knuckleheads

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a minute, I was thought I was looking at an example of natural selection.

Is it just me, or are these knives completely useless crap? It seems no real thought has gone into the shape or profile.

[video=youtube;zEnriwNd6XU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEnriwNd6XU[/video]

Why yes, I would like to have my knuckles scraped off.

There were knives in that video? I think most people see rounded things in that movie, but they weren't spines or choils... ;)

Seriously though... the grater design... :scratchhead:

I don't know, if she quenches between the pillows I'd buy one....might never cut with it but ..... Yes, I'm a bad bad bad person.

Is it just me, or are these knives completely useless crap? It seems no real thought has gone into the shape or profile.

and remind me again why the ponds in Sweden are so bad for you?

By the way, she charges 800 USD per knife and has a 10-12 week waiting time.
And some people love them, surely. It is a good lesson for other custom makers to not let customer praise and encouragement get to their heads.

By the way, she charges 800 USD per knife and has a 10-12 week waiting time.

Whaaa??? That's a pretty expensive way to both gift your wife a knife and divorce her at the same time...

It actually looks that she takes seriously what she is doing, just did not invest time and effort to learn from someone how to do it right. I would rather get 2 knives from Bloodroot blades than one from her ... though her waiting times are way shorter, so if you are in a hurry ... :D

I'm back to b**ch about her "knives" again... I was going to post this but someone beat me to it. many months ago I somehow stumbled across an article about her making "knives" from old files. Can't recall what thread I posted the article in. At the time, she was charging around $500 for one of those things. I'm a fan of Eater, but I can't believe of all the good and truly great knife makers out there, they chose her to make a video of. Utterly pathetic. Most useless things I've ever seen. Calling her a "knifemaker" is a joke.

I give absolutely ZERO f***s about her "story". She epitomizes the current trend, mainly among millennials, that's swept across many trades, about being "made in America" and having a "story" behind your "brand" and "pride" in your "work." Somehow that supposed to make people warm and fuzzy inside and make them want to throw gobs of money at your in exchange some some piece of uselessness.

I'd love to see Theory make of video using one of her "knives" at his station prepping a box of onions. :lol2:

So Dave...have you considered gender reassignment surgery and a boobjob? Looks like it'll pay for itself in just a few knives! :biggrin:

I'm back to b**ch about her "knives" again... I was going to post this but someone beat me to it. many months ago I somehow stumbled across an article about her making "knives" from old files. Can't recall what thread I posted the article in. At the time, she was charging around $500 for one of those things. I'm a fan of Eater, but I can't believe of all the good and truly great knife makers out there, they chose her to make a video of. Utterly pathetic. Most useless things I've ever seen. Calling her a "knifemaker" is a joke.

I give absolutely ZERO f***s about her "story". She epitomizes the current trend, mainly among millennials, that's swept across many trades, about being "made in America" and having a "story" behind your "brand" and "pride" in your "work." Somehow that supposed to make people warm and fuzzy inside and make them want to throw gobs of money at your in exchange some some piece of uselessness.

I'd love to see Theory make of video using one of her "knives" at his station prepping a box of onions. :lol2:

[video=youtube_share;TBb9O-aW4zI]http://youtu.be/TBb9O-aW4zI[/video]

Those file knives reminded me of this guy, I'm not sure if it's been posted before.

[video=youtube;jjWb1iOUD9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjWb1iOUD9U[/video]

The crazy thing is that it's part of the same video-set as a video about Korehira Watanabe! See the YT Awesome thread for that video.

Anyone who makes knives, enjoys what they are doing and can make money doing it... The more power to them.
The hostility towards her makes you sounds like a bunch of 14yo jealous trolls. Until your making knives and selling them successfully your opinion doesn't hold much weight. Not your style of knife?... So don't buy one. No reason be a bunch of dicks about it.

Bill

Anyone who makes knives, enjoys what they are doing and can make money doing it... The more power to them.
The hostility towards her makes you sounds like a bunch of 14yo jealous trolls. Until your making knives and selling them successfully your opinion doesn't hold much weight. Not your style of knife?... So don't buy one. No reason be a bunch of dicks about it.

Bill

I reserve my right to call people out on making terrible products. The most nitpicky kitchen knife forum on the internet has no weight in their opinions on evaluating knives? Are you one of those people who say that you cannot criticize movie until you have made one yourself? That's a load of BS.

Is it also being jealous 14 year old trolls when we make fun of Ken Onion kitchen knives? He's making money. More power to him! Let's not say anything bad about the products or the mind who designed them. There's a whole "ugliest knife" thread on this forum with dozens of pages. Should we just have it closed down because "who are we to judge?".

I reserve my right to call people out on making terrible products. The most nitpicky kitchen knife forum on the internet has no weight in their opinions on evaluating knives? Are you one of those people who say that you cannot criticize movie until you have made one yourself? That's a load of BS.

Is it also being jealous 14 year old trolls when we make fun of Ken Onion kitchen knives? He's making money. More power to him! Let's not say anything bad about the products or the mind who designed them. There's a whole "ugliest knife" thread. Should we just have it closed down because "who are we to judge?"

It certainly doesn't help that the "criticism" of her knives has been tinged with sexist comments about her body. Guess the little boys are feeling threatened again.

Back