Zombie weapon of choice

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Jamaica, queens some of that stuff is in my kitchen. unofficially of course. benefit of living with a retired NYPD cop.

Soon to be my Zombie slayer!! I sure hope they dont make it to Marlette B4 I get this baby finished! :)

attachment.php

right now imm have a 330mm slicer 6 feet from me a 10 inch heavy camp knife lesss then 3' my glock is 15 feet or so (so not in the kkitchen persay ) the tuna sword tho is abut the same distance and that would jsut be fun

i have not shot gun (need to fix that
BTW blunt force not much getts better then a 4X4 truck adn brush guard

Heavy, blunt, solid object... maybe my best bet would be to use my Boardsmith board :)

Otherwise, I think my 265mm cleaver would be a fine choice.

If you cant beat them, join them

Would have picked up a huge bottle of JD. I usually end up like a zombie within a few hours of heavy drinking .)

These threads make me laugh. I love a good spirited, learn little thread. Haha
I'll go Chinese cleaver and a flathead axe. If what Seb wrote is accurate, I need a blunt object for the brain, which the flat part works perfectly for, and the beveled edge would be great for forcing doors, cutting through walls, making a trap, etc. I guess my wife could always use her hair straightener, or maybe her purse if it's been a while since she's cleaned it out. I think my dog would be a lean mean zombie finding/killing machine, so he's set.

Does anyone here have the skill to wield 2 cleavers at the same time? :D

Missed this thread, but my answer shouldn't be a surprise. A 10# sledge, which I can wield with surprising agility and would do quite nicely for bashing brains. A light tap from me will obliterate a pumpkin. A serious hit with one anywhere solid will do some serious bone busting to give me time to line up a good head shot .......FOUR! As for other busting, I could take an entire house down with it, given a bit of time. It may not be as fast as some others listed, but is the low tech equivalent of a shotgun as far as stopping power goes. I do like that too, as well as the ice axe, which is something I have always wanted to make and is on my list for end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it gear. (novels on this subject are some of my favs)
Del

Does anyone have a picture of that sleek machete that Denzel Washington used to great effect in "The Book of Eli?"

Other than a silenced Remington 700, I can't think of a efficient weapon that won't wake the (zombified) neighbors...

Edit: Hang on... touchdown!

bookofelia.jpg

wow, have we all been watching the walking dead or something?? lol

Actually, one of our foodrunners is frequently one of the zombies on that show. They have training camps and everything.

+1 on blunt objects. You know, a metal baseball bat always feels right in my hands.

Missed this thread, but my answer shouldn't be a surprise. A 10# sledge, which I can wield with surprising agility and would do quite nicely for bashing brains. A light tap from me will obliterate a pumpkin. A serious hit with one anywhere solid will do some serious bone busting to give me time to line up a good head shot .......FOUR! As for other busting, I could take an entire house down with it, given a bit of time. It may not be as fast as some others listed, but is the low tech equivalent of a shotgun as far as stopping power goes. I do like that too, as well as the ice axe, which is something I have always wanted to make and is on my list for end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it gear. (novels on this subject are some of my favs)
Del

True Fact I went over this with Marissa when I was responding to this thread. It's not easy to destroy a human brain with blunt force. Fracture a skull takes about 150 lb per Inch force, easily doable 10# sledge. BUT to crush a skull and completely destroy the brain takes 1500+ lbs per inch! I was amazed when she told me this. She sad she would bring home a skull for me and let me try if I like but if I can't do it in two swings I have to do all the house work for a month! I'm not a betting man.
Note: For those that don't know shay wife is the chief medical examiner. She has also beaten every resident evil game:D

True Fact I went over this with Marissa when I was responding to this thread. It's not easy to destroy a human brain with blunt force. Fracture a skull takes about 150 lb per Inch force, easily doable 10# sledge. BUT to crush a skull and completely destroy the brain takes 1500+ lbs per inch! I was amazed when she told me this. She sad she would bring home a skull for me and let me try if I like but if I can't do it in two swings I have to do all the house work for a month! I'm not a betting man.
Note: For those that don't know shay wife is the chief medical examiner. She has also beaten every resident evil game:D

Sorry to contradict but a wealth of 'cinematic evidence' indicates that a couple of lusty taps on the zombified noggin with a baseball bat will do the job amply.

Six pages!

You guys watch waaaaaaaaaaay too much TV....

Hmm. The skull *is* a rather stout object given that it's a hard, round structure that distributes force well. That means a purely blunt object isn't our best bet. The climbing axes, however.... Or maybe if we use a wedge-shaped baseball-bat like item that concentrates the force of impact...

I can't think of anything around my kitchen that fits that description though. I might just have to fall back on my cleaver and go for decapitation. It's risky, but I don't have much choice.

I have no cable or satellite TV. I'm enjoying this thread based purely on zombie education from my highschool days ;)

if kitchen only, there's a tool bucket:

fiskars%20hatchet.jpg

58237028.jpg

I say "Spank that Zombie"
062711_karate_chopper_1.jpg

and then run away while they are laughing.

Back