G'day from Australia!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Thank you for letting me join this wonderful community I heard great things via a few Facebook groups I am apart of. I look forward to meeting people and being an active member of the community. Thank you. Have a great day!

G'day Westie. Welcome to the forums.

Does this mean you are a Sandgroper? Or maybe from the Western Suburbs of Sydney? Actually, that would probably be spelled "Westie", so maybe not?

Tell us a bit about your interest in kitchen knives.

Last edited:
G'day Westie. Welcome to the forums.

Does this mean you are a Sandgroper? Or maybe from the Western Suburbs of Sydney? Actually, that would probably be spelled "Westie", so maybe not?

Tell us a bit about your interest in kitchen knives.
G’day Nemo! So sorry for my late reply! I’m not great at technology! Hahaha.
Na not a west aussie or new south welshmen… my last name is West! Haha. But I’ve been told my name suits my personality… haha.
I have just become a paid member after stalking the group for a while. I’m looking forward to being more active!
I have an unhealthy obsession with the ‘hard to find’ category of blacksmiths. I have a few Jiro, Takeda AS, etc. looking to expand my portfolio! Hahaha
Cheers for the warm welcome!

Brilliant. Where in central Victoria are you located?

You're selling some beautiful knives. They look stunning.
Between Daylesford and Castlemaine only been here a few months but absolutely loving it! We were in South Melbourne before.

Cheers mate! It’s a hard decision to sell these ones but I’ve got a couple of other knives on the way

It's a beautiful area.

Fair enough. I have the exact same Takeda and I have a Nakagawa x Myojin sakimaru sujihiki 300mm.
I'm really keen to know what you're getting next.
Thank you it certainly is!

I have a few other Takedas all in AS which I prefer more to the NAS. It is my only Honesuki though.. so that was the hard decision to make.. I traded my other Nakagawa x Myojin 240 gyuto Ginsan for a Jiro (as well as one of my Takeda AS) so this is my last Nakagawa x Myojin, again hard decision…

I am getting a 210 Riverjump and a 210 Jiro gyuto yo #087.
As much as I love the ones I’m selling and would love to keep them all I feel the riverjump and Jiro are more special to me.

Thank you it certainly is!

I have a few other Takedas all in AS which I prefer more to the NAS. It is my only Honesuki though.. so that was the hard decision to make.. I traded my other Nakagawa x Myojin 240 gyuto Ginsan for a Jiro (as well as one of my Takeda AS) so this is my last Nakagawa x Myojin, again hard decision…

I am getting a 210 Riverjump and a 210 Jiro gyuto yo #087.
As much as I love the ones I’m selling and would love to keep them all I feel the riverjump and Jiro are more special to me.
Sounds amazing

Latest posts

Back