• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Natural Finisihing stone (Shoubudani Kiita lv 3.5), Yoshihiro Usuba, Hiromoto 270 AS gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UglyJoe

Founding Member
Reaction score
I have up for sale three items.

The first is a Japanese natural finishing stone, a Shoubudani Kiita with light Karasu lv 3.5, that I picked up from Maxim of JNS a year and a half ago. The stone is in perfect shape. I will include a tomo nagura stone for raising mud on the natural with purchase. The stone leaves an excellent edge and works well at generating a kasumi finish. I have used it mainly on my single bevel knives. I originally paid slightly over $200 for the stone, and am asking $175 for it now, shipped.

Second is a Yoshihiro White #2 Usuba, effectively brand new. The knife has never been sharpened and when I received it I tested the edge on a cucumber. Other than that, the knife has seen no use - I simply never had the time to learn to use an usuba. The knife was originally purchased from Jon at JKI. I believe that it is the same knife as is currently being sold on his site under his Gesshin Uraku label, although I have not verified that. New, the knife sells for $180. I am asking for $150, shipped.

I would refer anyone interested in either of the above to a thread I posted a while back on a Yoshihiro deba:

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...impressions-and-initial-sharpening?highlight=

This thread details my sharpening experience with this line of Yoshihiro knives. The knife pictured is a deba (which I still own and love). The factory finish on the Usuba is comparable to that shown of the deba in that thread. Also, you can see the finish I was able to achieve with the Shoubudani Kiita in pictures and a video of the finish in said thread.

Finally, I am also selling my 270 Hiromoto AS gyuto. This knife is older and has had the edge sharpened several times (5-10). It has never been thinned. I am asking for $125 for this knife, shipped.

Reasonable offers for each of the above will be considered. Please PM me if you have any questions. I will also ship either of the knives to they buyer's professional sharpener of choice if you wish. I will post pictures as soon as I can of each of these items.

Here are some pics and additional details:

The stone:

DSC04399_zpsd5ef7e00.jpg

DSC04397_zpsd7b080f3.jpg

DSC04398_zps557ac128.jpg

The stone is approximately 19.5 cm x 7 cm x 1.5 cm.

The usuba:

DSC04400_zps07906b45.jpg

DSC04401_zpsbe8f4dd4.jpg

DSC04402_zpsa98f2590.jpg

DSC04403_zpsc97eeea3.jpg

I forgot to give the usuba's length! 180 mm.

And finally the Hiromoto:

DSC04404_zpsc77e8501.jpg

DSC04405_zpsdcb2370e.jpg

DSC04406_zpsaab389a6.jpg

DSC04407_zps6bd24c29.jpg

If there are any other questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Hiromoto is SOLD. The others are still available!

Both the stone and the usuba are sold pending payment.

Thanks guys!

Ok, guys, the stone is back up for sale!

Back