Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Averna, Montenegro, Nonino are all very tasty to my palate. More savory/sweet than bitter.

I absolutely love Braulio and put it in that same category.

Fernet Branca, Campari, Aperol, Cynar, yep.

I haven't had Branca Menta, Vecchio, or San Marco.

If you like bitter bitter, I suggest Fernet del Frate. It is in no way sweet to my palate, very much a truly and unambiguously bitter fernet. Took me a few drams to really appreciate it, but now, well.

Unicum ftw!

Pointed tips, especially on longer knives, are vastly overrated.

The further away from your hand the tip gets, the less dexterity you have and the less useful the tip is. The heel of the knife can be very useful, particularly on in-hand tasks.
Move hand further up knife.

Think About It GIF by Identity

The further away from your hand the tip gets, the less dexterity you have and the less useful the tip is. The heel of the knife can be very useful, particularly on in-hand tasks.
Choke up on it, like you were classically trained to choke up on a Paring knife.

This is the world's best coffee. Tasting note:

"This tasted like how that roadside motel where everybody gets murdered in No Country for Old Men probably smelled."

Case closed.
I was totally expecting that Indonesian weasel poo coffee.

It’s called Luwak because that’s the precise sound one makes when bravely resolving to swallow, but it instantly and violently reverses direction.

Closely followed by this stuff.
034709.jpg

They claim that it is actually made out of coffee, but I'm not sure I believe it. I don't know whether this is sold in the US. If not, be glad. Even as a student in the 80s, while I was as poor as a church mouse, I refused to drink it. Its taste is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike coffee.

Last edited:

Ah, finally a truly unpopular opinion. Tips are cool regardless of the length. Tipless knives are dumb.

Latest posts

Back