Quantcast
What are some of your favorite pieces of gear?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are some of your favorite pieces of gear?

What are some of your favorite pieces of gear?

Just curious what are some items (feel free to list a few that you feel strongly about) of kitchen gear that you really like? These might be common, basic items that you think most people have, but it would be interesting to hear people's specific preferences. It could be specialty items that you don't need, but are surprisingly useful at certain times. I'm curious about items in a variety of price ranges.

What are some things you really love, and couldn't imagine not having (or wouldn't want to be without)?

And, to start off, not that I couldn't live without it, but I have a plastic pineapple corer that works surprisingly well. Cut off the top of the pineapple, put this thing on top, and then push down and turn it eight or so times, then pull it out. I'm sure it's not the most efficient, and I wouldn't say everyone needs one, but it works well, and is fun.

My plating tweezers, 4" spatula and my plating spoons

victorinox bird beak

My huge pestle and mortar and my 10" thick butchers block, at home to give my 6'5" frame some hunch relief!

+1 Huge mortar and pestle, and my pressure cooker. This saves alot of time and headache baby sitting stocks and such.

My silicone spatula.

SHARPIES!, Offset Spatula, spoon collection, 9 inch tongs, notepad that can fit in pocket

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    bourbon
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

My wooden spoons and spurtles, micro grater, Kyocera peeler and Nigella Lawson mini whisk