What are some of your favorite pieces of gear?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. The Peche sb with new handles has held up much better than the Cochon one did, so there is hope!

Those new ones you have get hotter much quicker and have decent temp control till the knobs melt like dardeau said, as I'm sure you know.
Congrats on the nice addition to the line.

Espresso machine
Bodum
Bodum Burr Grinder
Griswold Cast Iron Dutch Ovens
Griswold Cast Iron Skillets
Blender for my Habanero Hot Sauce addiction:biggrin:

Water kettle

Cast iron skillet & griddle pan

Nabe pot

Fish spatula

Livart electric grill

Rice cooker

Wall-less sheet pans

Hands down:

Le Creuset Signature 3.5 Qt Round Wide French Oven

I freaking love this thing. I've always dreamed of a pot that can hold heat like this, and the ceramic enamel is almost non-stick... and it just cooks everything so well... Anyway, before I joined this forum I was much more a cookware nerd than a knife nerd, although knife nerd me is catching up quickly. :knife:

On a Canada day "weekend" I realized that decent cutting board and a bunch of cloth is indispensable. Also a vacuum sealer, love it.

Kitchen aid mixer ( my forearms used to look like Popeyes' before my friends mom gave me her old one)

Vitamix

Griswold skillet #6

Zojiroshi 3L water boiler

Hawkins pressure cooker

Jnats/synthetics and mizuno gyuto

My absolute favorite: tovolo dual purpose soft and hard silicon spatula

9" fine tongs, rubber grill brush, microplane, stainless steel board scraper, and any kind of cork screw...

Since recently this large (some 9cm bowl diameter, but relatively shallow) rice spoon I ordered specially to get pasta and similar out of large and heavy copper pan. It has excellent design and was definitely worth the money:

Staybowlizer for when you need to whisk/stir and add product at the same time - it's like having your bowl glued to the table
infrared pocket thermometer
Notebook

Knives aside, as a home cook I've really taken a liking to more commercial-ish products such as the Rubbermaid Carb-X containers. I was contemplating just buying large storage totes, but was so glad to find something food grade. I have no I idea how I'd be able to chop and mix up enough cabbage in one go for my crock to make sauerkraut without them as my largest SS bowl is only 16 qt or so.

image.jpg

Back